Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] What individuals if removed would make the World a better place

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Removed now, or removed at birth?

Removing Farage and Johnson now wouldn't make a jot of difference, and if removing at birth, surely Hitler needs to be on that list.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’d counter that Farage is an irrelevance. He has no real influence any more and if “gone”, would just be replaced with an alternative offering the exact same message. If the choice is between keeping him around as a nobody and having a replacement who is potentially more dangerous I think I’d stick with Farage.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If you look at the course of human history, there have been people in existence who were far, far worse than any of those you've mentioned above. My point being that I don't think removing the individuals mentioned would make the slightest difference because there will always be people of a similar type to step in and replace them. It might not be replacing them directly in their own countries, but almost certainly comparable characters would pop up elsewhere.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sometimes folk look at the outcome rather than the influence. I'd say the folk who have the most erosive influence are owners of big media.

Imagine if Rupert Murdoch had never bought Newscorp and it had been run by a social liberal with values and standards in journalism.

Whether folk can bring themselves to agree or not, subliminal agendas have a bigger affect than that which is obvious. A rag like The Sun has probably done multiples of the damage that Farage could ever have hoped to.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Absolutely a dangerous line of thinking. As others have pointed out, the individuals you mention are the tip of a political movement, while I would agree that they have reached preeminent positions due to a blend of populist instincts and superficial charm, there’s nothing to say that removing the visible head wouldn’t allow something even worse to bubble to the surface.

Equally, I have to say that while you (and frankly, I) find some of these individuals personally distasteful, they have each enjoyed strong followings at some point in their lives.

Admittedly each enjoyed greater followings before their ideas were tested in reality than they have enjoyed afterwards, but nonetheless they represent people’s genuinely held political views. How far do you go down the road of deciding who’s a wrong ‘un and where’s the cut off point for ‘removing’ them.

I will not be providing a hit list of people I disagree with on a football forum, a little bit of tolerance of those with differing beliefs is much needed, however strongly you disagree with them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In my opinion the following and in no particular order

Donald Trump
Vladimir Putin
Boris Johnson
Nigel Fararge

and for consideration

Xi Jinping
Narendra Modi
Your choices are too clouded by personal likes/dislikes and politics. You may not like Farage but has he done anything actually evil? Trump is an idiot, but is he a mass murderer? The only truly BAD person on that list that I can see is Putin, although Xi Jinping is worthy of mention.

Who should go in my view? South American drug lords, Netanyahu maybe, and if pinpointed the leaders of child trafficking gangs.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Piers Morgan
Again, if he went another one would get the opportunity to fill the gap he leaves. It’s not so much the individuals rather than the beliefs they represent. Piers Morgan is no Hitler, or Mussolini or Pol Pot. He’s just a twat playing to his audience, who will be there regardless of which figurehead is speaking to them.

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
Sometimes folk look at the outcome rather than the influence. I'd say the folk who have the most erosive influence are owners of big media.

Imagine if Rupert Murdoch had never bought Newscorp and it had been run by a social liberal with values and standards in journalism.

Whether folk can bring themselves to agree or not, subliminal agendas have a bigger affect than that which is obvious. A rag like The Sun has probably done multiples of the damage that Farage could ever have hoped to.
Really? You do know newspaper circulations are in terminal decline and tiny compared to social media? Kids main source of news is TikTok. That’s what should be worrying you. And btw, if your fantasy social liberal had bought The Sun then no-one would have read it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here