Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Happened to my Thread?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
LI has lost the plot. Especially after all the history lessons and put downs he has subjected me to.

Gareth Glover said:
Maybe we should show the devastation in Iraq caused by the Americans that LI has given us many political history lesson and have a caption.

Would that be ok LI ?.

Yes, the anti-war press and cartoonists use such illustrations all the time to satirise the war. They use it to attack Bush for causing such destruction. The butt of the joke here would be the US military.

Next question Gareth.

Gareth Glover said:
Especially after all the history lessons and put downs he has subjected me to.

Do you have to be so transparent in your axe-grinding? Still, amusing nonetheless.

Tom Hark said:
Jeez mate, if you really need to be told...

The England team were making a dignified visit to the scene of a hideous crime against humanity. Taking the piss is bang out of order.

Didn't they teach you ANYTHING at Big Word School? :tosser:

Tom you remind me of all the dolts who clogged up the Channel 4 switchboard when Brass Eye did their paedophilia special. "Taking the piss out of people who campaign against peedophilia is bang out of order" :tosser: But I sense, as with Gareth, a little bit of axe-grinding left over from discussions at other times. Too bad you feel that way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Tom you remind me of all the dolts who clogged up the Channel 4 switchboard when Brass Eye did their paedophilia special. "Taking the piss out of people who campaign against peedophilia is bang out of order" :tosser: But I sense, as with Gareth, a little bit of axe-grinding left over from discussions at other times. Too bad you feel that way.

Fair do's. But if you were Jewish instead of Irish and you'd lost whole branches of your family tree in the holocaust, you might well take a different viewpoint.

Tom Hark said:
Fair do's. But if you were Jewish instead of Irish and you'd lost whole branches of your family tree in the holocaust, you might well take a different viewpoint.

In the first or second episode of South Park, I can't remember which, they had Kyle playing American footer and running in a touchdown.

The inept sports commentator in South Park stadium goes: "I haven't seen a Jew run so fast since 1938!"
His fellow commentator responds: "Dude! You can't say that!"

Funny or offensive, Tom?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Offensive. ???

I vote funny. Any other views?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I haven't seen an Iraqi run as fast since the Americans bombed Iraqi suburds.

Just as funny surely LI ?. ???

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
I haven't been to Auschwitz but went to the Holocaust Exhibition at the British Museum earlier this year. The stories, photographs, film footage and belongings of those who died were harrowing viewing. Some images were so bad that I couldn't look at them.

Both threads are distasteful and both should face the same fate of deletion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
In the first or second episode of South Park, I can't remember which, they had Kyle playing American footer and running in a touchdown.

The inept sports commentator in South Park stadium goes: "I haven't seen a Jew run so fast since 1938!"
His fellow commentator responds: "Dude! You can't say that!"

Got any more little anti-Semitic gems for us?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Spicy2 said:
I haven't been to Auschwitz but went to the Holocaust Exhibition at the British Museum earlier this year. The stories, photographs, film footage and belongings of those who died were harrowing viewing. Some images were so bad that I couldn't look at them.

Both threads are distasteful and both should face the same fate of deletion.

Well said.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I was thinking, 'Why the f*** has someone invited me to think up captions for a visit to Auschwitz by England? Has he ever been there? Does he know what happenend there?'

Haven't been to Auschwitz, no.

Visited the Memorial des Martyrs Francais de la Deportation just yesterday - not sure if that counts?

Tom Hark said:
Got any more little anti-Semitic gems for us?

So Matt Stone and Trey Parker are anti-semities now then Tom? Ah well, at least I'm in good company. Your Gareth Glover-isation continues at a giddy pace.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've been to Auschwitz, but I'm not particularly offended by people making people jokes about it however, it just depends how its done. Intelligently or crass.

Here's my personal experience.

The thing that most affected me was that in the little wooden huts where the prisoners were held there are glass cases filled with the same respective item confiscated from the prisoners.

For example there is a case filled with combs.. and I mean filled, like a Damien Hurst art piece - thousands.

Another has just reading glasses, thousands and thousands of the things.

It is a brilliant way of representing exactly how many millions of people were exterminated. In the process of trying to exterminate a race, the Nazis collected this many............

There is another case with examples of items manufactured using human skin, handbags, lamp shades etc. that were sold on the German domestic market for the war effort.

.. and then there is the operating theatres, and the gas chambers, and the ovens.

... oh and the sensation of walking around knowing that thousands and thousands of bodies are buried below your feet.. everywhere. Jews, homosexuals, communists, the disabled, Gypsies, "traitors", Russians etc..

You know the sensation of disrespect when walking in a church yard when you accidently step onto a grave ? Well I had that for a couple of hours.

I can honestly say that nothing has had an effect on me like Auschwitz.

Having that that when I was there, some of the non Jewish Poles I spoke to seemed a bit disconnected from "Auschwitz", because obviously it was mainly Jewish people that were killed there.

.. and I encounted a fair bit of anti Jewish feeling interestingly, but I can't say whether that it representing of Poles generally.

However, I was taken by non Jewish Poles who felt that it was important that when we were in the area that I visit and I thank them for that.

Somewhat shocking that it was allowed to happen at all. My late Grandmother (who I believe visited Europe just prior to the second world war) spoke to people who were aware of what was going on.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Come on, Chappers, you're one of the NSPers that people credit with a few brain cells.

Why thank you, how pleasant.

I just found it personally in very bad taste. Caption competitions are meant to be funny. Aushwitz is no source of humour, satirical or otherwise. I spent the most harrowing hour of my life walking round that place includnig 5 minutes stood in the gas chambers. I touched a nerve with me and seemingly others on here.

Personally in bad taste.

JBH's thread was easier to let slip for me.

Have I explained myself enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here