What film have you watched the most times?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Aliens

I've seen it so many times i've lost count (at least 100+ times). It used to be repeated regularly on a movie channel and inspite of owning the video, i'd still watched it whenever it was on

Me too. I used to able to recite the whole film from start to finish. Really, really sad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh, it gets better than that. Technically they actually come ashore at our very own Seven Sisters, presumably because the famous White Cliffs of Dover were in fact a bit brown & ugly for Hollywood's liking.

Then they head back to Sherwood Forest via....er....Hadrian's Wall, where they have that scene with the King's soldiers and the boy Wolf.

Even as a fourteen year old, I laughed my head off at the concept that they could land on the south coast, and, presumably on foot or horseback, be back in Nottingham, via Hadrian's Wall, by nightfall :lolol:

That's apart from the fact that he wasn't ever from Nottingham but was Robin of Loxley, which is in Sheffield. Sherwood Forest covered many hundreds of acres. Artistic licence which has been stretched and stretched.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Another one for Zulu here. Looks beautiful on blu-ray. I have movie posters of Zulu, quadrophenia and Band of Brothers hanging on my walls at home and have watched them all far too many times on VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Big Trouble in little China, The Goonies & Rocky 2 were my fave films as a child - must have seen them 50+ times at least...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ET - The Extraterrestrial
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

and an honourable mention for the wonderful

The Never Ending Story

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Its probably Star Wars The Empire Strikes back, but Bubba Ho Tep and The Thirteenth Warrior are not far behind.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I don't think I've watched any film more than ten times, but the contenders for most watched would be Diner, East of Eden, Night of the Hunter, Withnail and I, My Neighbour Totoro, The Big Lebowski and The Breakfast Club.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I've watched these a few times but probably the first one wins it , I prefer factual films ,well the last one could of happened , who knows ?
Killing Fields
Deer Hunter
Life of Brian

IlsonDerby

May 5, 2014
Watched the fox and the hound every day during summer holidays when I was a kid. Mum and dad bought me all the Disney films but the only one I wanted to watch was fox and the hound. It's a miracle I'm not emotionally traumatized

In my teens up until now (22) I'd have to say Shawshank Redemption, Bad Boys 1 and 2, Oceans 11 and the remake of the Italian Job are my most watched. I have over 200 dvds so it's difficult getting round to watching them more regular especially considering I watch a lot of NetFlix

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I haven't ever watched any film over and over again, but films I would sit down and watch if they came on , and consequently have seen several times, are:
Calamity Jane
French Connection (1 and 2)
The Day of the Jackal
Cabaret
One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest.
Monty python and the Holy Grail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports