Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What film have you watched the most times?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shawshank..... Great Escape...Goodfellas........Schindlers.

And recently, and it's not one of my favourites, but seems to be on a lot on satellite for some reason, Pearl Harbor (Kate Beckinsale and some yanks)

Edit: tried to edit the space in Schindlers but no joy.

D

Deleted member 18477

I don't know for sure but Happy Gilmore probs. saw it in school and watched a few times when I've been ill over the years. Only watched it about 5 times though I reckon, I'm not one for watching a film over and over again! This is the film that just comes to mind having watched more than say a couple of times.

(Excludes christmas films though as home alone, elf etc are on the tele every year and I catch a bit of them probably each christmas)

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
Going to have to go with dig54 on this one. Happy Gilmore by a mile, usually fuelled by a fair few brews. As for those shown on TV, Die Hard 2 and any of the Police Academy films - except Mission to Moscow which was poo.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wonder if it's either Deep Blue Sea for it being on fortnightly, or something like Murder at the Gallop as i love to see Margaret Rutherford in full jowly comical flow as Marple. The latter is on quite frequently also and i don't tire of it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Blade runner, alien (or ...s), where eagles dare, the eagle has landed, lost in translation and Gattaca are all films I've watched 3+ times, but, if I'm completely honest, the film I've watched most often would be a close call between four weddings and notting hill. Although I'm reasonably blokey in some ways, scratch the surface and I'm a big softie. :nono:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
True Romance and Quadrophenia for me. Sunday evening after a big weekend, comfort films my old flat mate used to say.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember as a teenager watching Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves dozens of times on video. I could almost recite the script word for word. When I saw a bit of it again recently I was amazed to note just how crap it actually was :lolol:

I really enjoyed that film. Of course, largely because of Alan Rickman. But there's a scene very early on in the film where Robin and Azeem have just escaped prison and steal a piece of fruit from some market stall, break it open and share it. Growing up I had always thought it was some exotic mystery fruit, possibly something put together by the prop department to look like something unusual. I saw the start of it again recently and saw it was a plain old yellow melon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I really enjoyed that film. Of course, largely because of Alan Rickman. But there's a scene very early on in the film where Robin and Azeem have just escaped prison and steal a piece of fruit from some market stall, break it open and share it. Growing up I had always thought it was some exotic mystery fruit, possibly something put together by the prop department to look like something unusual. I saw the start of it again recently and saw it was a plain old yellow melon.

I heard that Rickman's part was cut because he stole the show in the edits. Additionally, I always laughed my socks off at the scene when Robin and Azeem land at Dover and Robin confidently predicts that " Tonight we will dine at my father's castle in Nottingham "... well. even in this day and age the transport infrastructure is not in place to guarantee that !

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Another vote for Mary Poppins.
Mainly due to babysitting my kid brother but also because it's great.
Oh and Mary is smoking hot.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I heard that Rickman's part was cut because he stole the show in the edits. Additionally, I always laughed my socks off at the scene when Robin and Azeem land at Dover and Robin confidently predicts that " Tonight we will dine at my father's castle in Nottingham "... well. even in this day and age the transport infrastructure is not in place to guarantee that !

Oh, it gets better than that. Technically they actually come ashore at our very own Seven Sisters, presumably because the famous White Cliffs of Dover were in fact a bit brown & ugly for Hollywood's liking.

Then they head back to Sherwood Forest via....er....Hadrian's Wall, where they have that scene with the King's soldiers and the boy Wolf.

Even as a fourteen year old, I laughed my head off at the concept that they could land on the south coast, and, presumably on foot or horseback, be back in Nottingham, via Hadrian's Wall, by nightfall :lolol:

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Has to be another vote for Blues Brothers from me!

Maybe that was the reason I named my son Elwood last month.....

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Oops sent too quick!

I am not allowed to take him to Derby but I have assured the wife that if we make the finals, then Wembley WILL be his first game! :albion2:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Either One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or Forrest Gump.

The film which I feel strangely compelled to tune into whenever it is on (which is most of the time on TCM) is Logan's Run! A classic of film crapness.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
There are 2 films that I expect any self respecting fella to have on tap: Zulu and Master & Commander. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here