Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does your username mean or relate to?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When I was working in a kitchen in Sydney during my round the world trip, one of the guys suddenly decided that I needed a nickname and it was going to be Badger, so it stuck for a while. He was a slightly odd welsh bloke called Jesse and never explained where he got Badger from.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When I was working in a kitchen in Sydney during my round the world trip, one of the guys suddenly decided that I needed a nickname and it was going to be Badger, so it stuck for a while. He was a slightly odd welsh bloke called Jesse and never explained where he got Badger from.

When I worked in a kitchen in summer holidays we used to call the young staff Badgers because badgers have no hair around their genitals, I fear this could be the origin of your nickname.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
When I worked in a kitchen in summer holidays we used to call the young staff Badgers because badgers have no hair around their genitals, I fear this could be the origin of your nickname.

Really? What, do they all plump for a regular 'Full Brazillian' then?? :ohmy:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Really? What, do they all plump for a regular 'Full Brazillian' then?? :ohmy:

It's a fashion thing. Back inthe late 70's and early 80's most badgers found it agreeable to sport a full Hairy Junction but trends come and go and after the supermodel boom of the early 90's most of our nocturnal mammals opted for a smooth appearance. Fashion comes and goes, style remains forever.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
In honour of the best midfielder to play in our great Goldstone team. When he returned to manage us at Preistfield we were at the lowest ebb I have ever seen our club in. A team with no heart, no future, going nowhere but down and out and little to get excited about all doom and gloom.

For me Brian brought the old Brighton spirt back to our team in exile, I have no idea what he did on the training pitch or said in the changing room to achieve this, however one clue was seen before halftime at these games miles from home.

Two girls would walk around the pitch with an iceberg lettuce, always ariving at the tunnel as the players went in for the halftime team talk. What ever Brian did with this works wonders and started the revival leading to our rise up the leagues and return home.

Vegster pointed out once my avatar was actually a Webs wonder so I found an image that shows Brian Horton using the same ritual/technique in a pre game photo.

If one could change the name I would be tempted to be Hortons full time phlem face, in honour of his spat with Fabregas at the Emirates in his role of Hull assistant manager a couple of years back.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
when registering had just moved to a cottage overlooking the River Severn.
Have since retired and spend most time at our erstwhile holiday home in Somerset and visiting family (babysitting) just outside Amsterdam and around the midlands but can't be arsed to change the name.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
my username is the name of my gardening business and my avatar is of T. Bramble
( the closest I could get to a gardening/footy connection! )

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Mother comes from A Coruna, family out there are ardent Deportivo 'A Coruna fans (as am I) .... and I couldn't think of anything else:shrug:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
No imagination, kuipers gloves.

however i do have another internet name "KneeOn" which is a play on teh spelling of Neon, from my favourite album Neon Bible, the name KneeOn is either proceding The Next Fomer Dutch Marine on some sites since im a goalie and its a joke that i'm supposidly the best keeper of our lot, when no one else fancies going in goal they say that to coerce me in to it... "but your the NEXT former dutch marine!", or proceded by ?Socks! so it spells KneeOn?Socks!, which i'm quite proud of since i is never used ever.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mine a character in a cartoon called the Simpsons which is on the telly:p

It'x because I am a warm hearted caring type of person, just like Mr B.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Granny Weatherwax is a character in Terry Pratchett's Discword series and like me...old a cantankerous but always eventually proved right:lol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's a fashion thing. Back inthe late 70's and early 80's most badgers found it agreeable to sport a full Hairy Junction but trends come and go and after the supermodel boom of the early 90's most of our nocturnal mammals opted for a smooth appearance. Fashion comes and goes, style remains forever.

Crivins! I didn't realise our furry chums were so influenced by the past goings-on on the (ahem) catwalk. What you say makes perfect sense though. Last week, I saw a Vole dressed in a cheeky lil' off-the-shoulder Lacroix number & reeking of Chanel. Foxes, on the other hand, are just bloody lazy. All fur-coat & no knickers innit? Shameful scenes.. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here