What does your username mean or relate to?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Mine fairly simple. My first name is Harry and NT are the initials of my double barrelled surname. Yours?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
My surname is Stringer - no inventiveness here, I'm afraid.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Mine fairly simple. My first name is Harry and NT are the initials of my double barrelled surname. Yours?

Noncey-Titfuck?

Mine relates to sharing a student house in the Grounds of Bevendean Hospital at the top of Bear Road at the end of the 80's

The four swordsmen who lived up there were known as the Bevendean Hillbillies by our associates at the time.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
my name is tay and i own lots of sheep, oh and i also used to live in the grounds of the bevendean hospital during the 80s,but i didnt own a horse

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
my name is tay and i own lots of sheep, oh and i also used to live in the grounds of the bevendean hospital during the 80s,but i didnt own a horse

Did you bury one up there by any chance, like the one who's skeleton was dug up outside my gaff that I reported as human to the Police and got royally humiliated in the Argus for?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I used to be good at unearthing "truffles" of useful information from the tangled web of undergrowth that was the early Internet.

Then Google came along and that meant anyone could do it, rendering my username irrelevant.

But I can't be arsed to think of another one.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My favourite comedy stars a character call Edmund!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
An age old nickname of Baz morphed into Barry and then Barrel. I was a bit of an 'entertainer' at our Uni hockey club and someone started singing "Roll out the Barrel!" one day and it stuck.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
i lived in the nurses accomodation ,i seem to remember burying quite a few

Do I know you? Did you live there when the Hospital was closed except for the top floor Nurses accomodation?

I was in the cottage next to the Bear Road entrance...it used to be the Hosptal Social Clubs house before it was pulled down when they built that estate up there.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
After initially calling for the departure of Lloyd under the monicker Mustgoe in Gulls Eye, I celebrated his departure by switching to Hazgon.
It was not a happy day for me when he returned, not least because I had to change again.
I am open to suggestion what to change to when we finally see the back of him.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mine comes from an unsuccessful 1950s attempt to create a nickname for the club. Long before 'Seagulls' or even 'Dolphins' the team didn't have nickname. Some sources say our nickname prior to the 1970s was the 'Shrimps' but others dispute that - although for years the reserves were apparently known as the 'Lambs'.

Mindful that the club didn't have a nickname sometime in the 1950s the Supporters' Club tried to invent one. The winner (God knows what the other ones were) was 'Brovion' as it was a portmanteau word of BRighton & HOVe AlbION and henceforth Albion fans were to be known as 'Brovions'. However it didn't take (can't think why) otherwise today we'd all be shouting "Brovions! Brovions!" instead of "Seagulls!"

As I was born in the 1950s at roundabout the time the name was invented I adopted it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports