Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does your username mean or relate to?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It's the name of Burt Reynolds character in The Cannonball Run.

Was a passing joke made in High School at some point about my footballing skills, and whilst no one else hardly refers to it I have embraced it since that day and use it wherever possible

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm German, male and my surname is Tubthumper. No imagination either.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
when i lived there the hospital was in decline cant remember anything functional working there,apart from the kitchen and the social club,i worked at bgh in the theatres and played footy for the internationaly renowned brighton hospitals fc.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Username...

This has been done before but can't be bothered to search threads.

Anyway.............

Whitelion is a band from 70/80's I got into and have adopted it as I have 25% native American blood....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It was my fantasy football team name when I registered on here

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
The FBI officer in Midnight Run, who has his identity abused throughout the great film.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Although born in Brighton, I come from a Welsh family and gwylan is Welsh for seagull - it seemed a perfect fit.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
when i lived there the hospital was in decline cant remember anything functional working there,apart from the kitchen and the social club,i worked at bgh in the theatres and played footy for the internationaly renowned brighton hospitals fc.

I spent the longest and scariest week of my life in there with a collapsed lung back in about 1978 when I was on the bronchial ward. There wasn't a lift and throughout the week they were carting the newly departed down the fire escape during the early hours of the morning.

At the tender age of 22 I actually thought I was never going to leave the place alive. It was affectionately known at the time as "1 way ticket"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My ex was a teacher, Nibble was her classroom Hamster who came to live with us in his twilight years when the noise of 30 seven year olds began to disturb his daytime sleeping routine. He remained lively in his new setting and I grew to love that little fella and his increasingly curmudgeonly attitude to his caretakers as the years caught up with him.
His nibbling days came to an end one evening in late spring as he took his last earthly breaths and was returned to the universe in a toilet roll buried deep in my newly sprung flower bed. I like to think his decaying fragments were put to good use as fuel for that summer's batch of blossoms.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have long legs and hung like a Giraffe.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Mine is the name of the main character in the book: "The ingenious gentleman Don Quixote of la Mancha"

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Brucie Fivesyth was doin' a lil' routine on the box when I was registering, so I thought it would be absolutely marvelous if I were to honour the Astaire-esque qualities of our very own (& universally-loved) 'Mr Showbiz'.

Alright my loves? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here