Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do you want from an Albion home kit?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I'm not the target audience as I'd very rarely buy a replica shirt but my vote would always go for something understated and simple regardless of who the manufacturer is.

I imagine It's a incredibly difficult process for the club. They probably come up with lots of designs that are then rejected by AMEX for not showing their logo as they'd like, we also don't have the volume of sales to warrant anything too bespoke.

I probably like about 1 in 5 of the kits we release but never buy them, this year's kit would be the first I'd buy in a while due to our European adventure
I’ve got the away kit when we got promoted and the centenary home kit but have wanted a new home kit for a while but they keep being a bit odd. This one is less odd than last year but the V neck and various other design flaws have put me off. I think I’m just going to have to get a replica / retro kit or just a simple Albion T-shirt instead.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
well I'd like us to re-release the 2016 kit (without the plastic amex sticker) - pretty perfect in my opinion and how about this yellow beaut for away

2015-2016.webm.jpg
CyImYG3WIAENygA.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Haven't bought a replica shirt for years. The last one from 3yrs ago was given to me which was signed by the team and mounted in a frame which is now hanging in my man cave.
On the new one not sure on the neck line

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Every single Nike kit with the daft curve at the top looks rubbish, with us the fact that the stripes stop at the curve makes it even worse. Looks like we're wearing stripy bibs.

It's a shame because I actually think the home kit from a couple of seasons ago was one of the better efforts in recent years, so it definitely has been possible for Nike to make a decent shirt in the past.

Just about every other manufacturer is doing nicer kits than Nike at the moment though.

So in answer to the question: stripes, all the way to the shoulder please.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't think its too much to ask, but I'd just like it to look like one item of clothing rather than 3 different ones sewn together.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
One way of judging a football shirt, is imagining how it would look on a fat bloke, rather than an elite athlete.
It scores badly on this score. the neckline as much as anything.

I do find the neckline a odd bit on this new one.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
I think my issue is primarily with Nike. They seem intent on having a separate shoulder panel on all their kits.

Take a look at the Liverpool kit, it's on there too but the difference is because they're all red it doesn't look out of place. On a striped shirt it just looks shit.

I'd quite like a Macron kit. This is their Stoke offering:

View attachment 163698

Stripes all the way up. The white stripe in the middle becoming the white collar is a small piece of detail but adds a bit of style.

It's so simple to do and have it look good.
Something like that would be nice. Every year there is a new "twist" of some sort but it would be nice with a shirt which is just... simple.
And no f***ing yellow.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Simple blue and white stripes. The need to have sponsor's name, and to constantly mess about with the classic design for the sake of extra revenue is infuriating. The shirt is the central part of a club’s identity and should be sacred. Yes, I’m old-fashioned.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There have been loads of good suggestions put forward over the course of the season. Wouldn’t it be good if the club picked their best half dozen of those put forward/suggested by fans and everyone had a vote on it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I just want proper blue and shirts. Think Peter Ward era kit. Bukta.

EDIT, as above, you beat me to it!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
There have been loads of good suggestions put forward over the course of the season. Wouldn’t it be good if the club picked their best half dozen of those put forward/suggested by fans and everyone had a vote on it?
It would - but never going to happen in a million years while companies like Nike / Adidas etc pay people a nice fat wage to do that design work already....and also while they have specific seasonal templates / colours / materials etc produced in their factories ahead of time.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ohhh yes.. The only home shirt I would buy. And doesn't need to be changed each year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here