Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you consider to be the best ever Pop song and Album

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Music is a personal choice. So no point really arguing over what you like or do not like. I am sure you have some music in your collection some other people would never dare to listen to.
Personally I think the first 3 Radiohead albums are quality pieces of music and regularly enjoy them, even to this day.
Not really arguing and do agree it's personal choice but i just dont get Radiohead.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Single: Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Album: The Joshua Tree - U2

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not really arguing and do agree it's personal choice but i just dont get Radiohead.

Watch this a few times (loud), if this doesn't convince you nothing will. My favourite track given a live workout (not that dreary either)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I go off topic from the thread title but we have a similar taste in music it seems, I like all your selections above. Another fabulous Fillmore East live recording was Neil Young and Crazy Horse from 1970, still sounds amazing.

I have just bought a Ry Cooder Album - jazz - because of Another Thread on here.

I might have to investigate the Neil Young thing. Have always like everything he has done from Buffalo Springfield onwards.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
By definition pop music is just popular music so stop getting your knickers in a twist because someone dared call Pink Floyd "popular"

Who is getting their knickers in a twist? This is fun!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It always makes me laugh when people argue over what's best, in most cases peoples likes in music are all to do with what era they were growing up in, yes I appreciate for example some of todays younger generation may like the Beatles or the Stones (if like my kids they heard it all the time when they were young and it influenced them) but it would not be their "best" choice.

Music is such an individual thing and always will be, but I would never expect, say members on here who are aged 25 or less to agree with my choices.

Jolly well articulated, sir!

My girls had my/our choice of music rammed down their throats for years. It developed an interest in music for them. They now recommend stuff to us.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Pop song: The Undertones - Teenage Kicks

Album: Thriller - Michael Jackson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here