What are you doing Oscar

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
7 changes. - Forget it (League cup)

We were unlucky at Leeds and will take that into Derby game.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
In control until the sending off when we fell apart. Why we fell apart is the question that has to be asked

Same old problem as last year before the sending off we had 87 chances to score and scored 1 goal after the sending off we had a bout 87 chances to score and didnt. They took their chances simples we dont score enough.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Maybe we should all pass judgement after the other 45 league games and at least 1 cup match before we start slating the man. We lost the opening 2 games last year and we did just fine.
He still has almost a month to sign players and obviously due to other circumstances he has not had that long with the players. Some of the players also seem to be currently lacking fitness due to signing.
Have some faith Oscar can take us a long way

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
LB, midfielder, striker. All better than we currently have. Possibly a quicker CB too.
Sorted. Oscar hasn't actually bought any of HIS players yet. Kemy wasn't his IMO.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszcak
Orlandi
Upson
fully rested for Saturday.

Bridcutt
Ulloa
pretty much the same.

We can beat Derby and then take that positive result to Birmingham.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Even if we lose on Saturday to Derby, got to give the guy time for goodness sake. Talk about panic. I knew this would happen on here, I may have to stick with the cricket and cycle threads for a couple of months...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No need to panic, but getting in a LB is now urgent. Attacking midfielder and striker before window closes.

boik

Listened to the match, and though it was disappointing I found no reason to panic. Oscar will have seen a bit more of what he has inherited and will be planning his way forward. Took him a couple of months to sort it at Maccabi and then they were flying. I tend to prefer a quiet start to a season with gradual improvement rather than fast out of the blocks and then being up there as a target.

I am calm and confident about Oscar.

What is most disappointing is the way NSC is becoming more and more like some rabid TalkShite phone in. Calm down people, it's a long season and will definitely improve. Give Oscar some time and your support.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We were bound to have a slow start. New manager getting used to his squad and all pre-season friendlies do is get the squad vaguely fit and identify those that can stand up on a pitch and those that cannot. Patience people, patience.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brighton are a lot porer team than last year and we are going to strugle.

Poorer than we were at Bristol City ? Poorer than we were at Barnsley ?

We can still be positive. We need to sign a #4, a #17, and a #23 as a minimum, and there is still no reason why it won't be a brilliant season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Brighton are a lot porer team than last year and we are going to strugle.

A lot poorer? We have lost Bridge but apart from that it's the same players plus Agustien - a classy looking player - and a couple of promising DS players breaking through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Give the geezer a chance, I think he is a bit inexperienced but give him until Christmas!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
OMG...get a grip, people! We're two games into the season, plenty of time for Oscar to get the team playing the way he wants us to.

I read on another thread about how it took OG a month (of real competitive football) to get Tel Aviv playing his way - given he started pre-season late, that will probably mean the team won't be completely into his mindset until October? Fair?

Bottom line is - he's TB's choice - let's stand behind him, everyone, and give him all the positive support he, and the players, need to get through this transitional time.

We will get there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports