Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are you doing Oscar

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My expectations are that we will finish mid table this season. And we're still on track so I'm happy with that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arguably, but for two dodgy refereeing decisions we could be looking at a point at Leeds and a 1-0 win vs Newport. People would then be saying how that was a better start than under Gus last season.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
You have played 2 lost 2

Your first competitive game at the Amex & you play a make shift side.I thought pre season was the time to experiment with your team.
Why not play our strongest side rather than making 7 changes to a team that played at Leeds.

Christ! I was sat here thinking I won't bother going on NSC tonight because there is bound to be over reactions all over the place. Nah sod it ill just dip in quickly...........oh

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You can dress it up whichever way you like, Gus did not engineer the situation the way it turned out, and he certainly was not the one that made it take so long.

Feel free to ignore the rest of the post won't you.

Chief Exec makes statement to appease the fans' worries shock.

I took no notice of it and thought everyone else had too.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
In control until the sending off when we fell apart. Why we fell apart is the question that has to be asked

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Arguably, but for two dodgy refereeing decisions we could be looking at a point at Leeds and a 1-0 win vs Newport. People would then be saying how that was a better start than under Gus last season.

Very true. That's football!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oscar will learn the hard way with english football for possibly a few games, however he is not stupid and I am sure will cotton on very quickly and I for one will give him time.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You have played 2 lost 2

Your first competitive game at the Amex & you play a make shift side.I thought pre season was the time to experiment with your team.
Why not play our strongest side rather than making 7 changes to a team that played at Leeds.

New manager loses first couple of games after taking over a side shocker. Get some balls.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
A lot of managers shuffle their pack in the League Cup. It's a squad game. The manager only gets made to look like an idiot if the team loses. Rather than blame the manager, the players should be feeling the heat because the manager has given them the responsibility of doing a job and they have let him down by not performing their duties adequately. Giving players the excuse of 'the manager picked the wrong team' gives them the mandate to hide from a poor performance and think it is acceptable. It is not and I'd imagine they will pay by being out of contention for the match against Derby and other league matches coming up.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You can dress it up whichever way you like, Gus did not engineer the situation the way it turned out, and he certainly was not the one that made it take so long.

Really! So he asks to leave in March, then won't come to an amicable agreement to leave because he wants his compo. Then he delays the first hearing so we can't get on with the new season, then he appeals and now he's talking about taking us to court.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
That side should have walked through newport first half. We started slow and didn't take our chances but who gives a **** its the league cup.

The real atrocity tonight was that fat clown of a referee and some poor offside calls.

Move on

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Absolutely, 100% THIS. A good majority tipped us on here to finish in the top six this season, deluded doesn't even cover it! Coupled with a few other things that I touched on in another thread we just cannot expect Oscar to deliver what Gus did last season, we haven't even had a full pre-season ffs with the new manager. We really need to check our expectations on here this season otherwise NSC with quite literally EXPLODE.

I see the massive overeacton on here tonight as a result of a number of things tbh. Both Simster & yourself have nicely summed up the managerial sitch (pre & post Poyet), but I also see it as a consequence of the amount of JCL's we have who either haven't experienced - or chosen to forget -how shit things could be in the not-too-distant past. I also think that if TB expects to see The Albion in the Top division relatively soon he's gonna need to start investing in the playing staff - and now. Quality doesn't come cheap & OG needs to be able to stamp his mark on the squad with some decent funds to bring in a few key signings. Those who stand still in football - expecting a formerly successful side to be able to pick up where they left off the previous season - are doomed to get left behind. I hope to see some action on the transfer-front as soon as possible: coz my God, how the end of the present window is looming...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
GIVE OSCAR YOU BUFOON

What we need is some fun back at the Albion, its all been to bloody mardy arse lately.......

Lets forget about that other bloke.

We have a great stadium

We have a great chairman who helped us get where we are.

We are in the Championship and not non league.

We are ticking along just nicely thanks, lets get behind Oscar on Saturday and make some noise and let him see what we can do and how passionate we can all be together....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You have played 2 lost 2

Same as last year. Lost in the cup, and lost a tricky away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really! So he asks to leave in March, then won't come to an amicable agreement to leave because he wants his compo. Then he delays the first hearing so we can't get on with the new season, then he appeals and now he's talking about taking us to court.

This. 110%

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That side should have walked through newport first half. We started slow and didn't take our chances but who gives a **** its the league cup.

The real atrocity tonight was that fat clown of a referee and some poor offside calls.

Move on

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here