Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What an absolute joke

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'd like to be able to replay that last few minutes. Note the time left when March scores – I'm thinking around 20–25 seconds – and then see how many seconds of play are allowed from the restart – I'm thinking well over 45 seconds, at least. Probably more.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I’m not happy with Sian Massy (lino for the near side). She’s usually great, but today missed at least two clear offsides which you’re meant to flag after the incident. VAR correctly ruled out a goal, but the second lead to the corner at 96 mins. They got the handball from that. If not missed Ryan boots the freekick clear and it’s 2-2.

A fully deserved 2-2 too, 2-3 flatters United and were clearly the inferior team.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I managed to miss all 5 goals. Poxy stream

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'd like to be able to replay that last few minutes. Note the time left when March scores – I'm thinking around 20–25 seconds – and then see how many seconds of play are allowed from the restart – I'm thinking well over 45 seconds, at least. Probably more.

Yeah, it was definitely out of time. I don’t understand why refs let teams sneak in an extra attack.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Very sour grapes but also I hope the referee suffers from debilitating insomnia for the rest of his life. Plenty of time to think about what he has done.

That felt unlawful. Where did he get those minutes from? Since when was the final whistle not the final whistle? Even if it is a stonewall pen, which is absolutely isn't, it just defies the convention of the game. So many layers of insult to the injury. Credit to Potter for being decent, but I'd put my ****ing fist through the wall.

A bit too much for me, I think I might have to curtail my interest. It's too much.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
- Bruno Fernandes not getting a second yellow for the penalty?
- Matic yellow not red for hitting Connolly in the face?
- Ben White being yellow carded for an incident no where near as bad as the Connolly ‘penalty’ which inevitably got overturned
- Allowing Man Utd to take a corner in the 97th minute when only 5 were added on?

How is anyone defending the referee?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Gutted for Neal. Just watched the clip and he looked mortified. From what I could see he was panicked, off balance and was using his arm to propel himself closer to Harry. Frustratingly it's a penno and he's in the wrong, but in the 97th minute and you're about to see Maguire head the ball, I'd probably use everything in my power to fling myself closer to him as well.

ARGH.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Firstly great performance
Must take your chances though. We played united off the park and if we took half the chances we would have scored 6.
It is a penalty and the incident happened before the full time whilst blew and despite blowing it if directed to look at VAR whilst on the pitch and a penalty if given and scored the goal still stands.
4th we are a young side but we have got to concentrate after scoring.
All in all far the better team but we have to learn some harsh lessons today

It’s professional sport. VAR implemented to help imperfect referees. VAR is imperfect. We should have been out of sight. That’s football against big sides.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Clear penalty. What did the ref do wrong ?

Other than the offside for their goal, the 2 fouls on Dunk for their goal, the nonsense foul on De Gea, not booking Fernandes for our penalty, booking White for no contact, not giving us a blatant corner and adding way way way more time than he should at the end - nothing at all.

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Incredibly unlucky to take nothing from the game and our football was terrific, but it does show that we have a soft underbelly. 6 goals conceded in 2 home games (And these being a high percentage of total shots on target) with 3 coming straight after our goals. We definitely need to be more street wise, otherwise for all the great football it will be a season of struggle.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
- Bruno Fernandes not getting a second yellow for the penalty?
- Matic yellow not red for hitting Connolly in the face?
- Ben White being yellow carded for an incident no where near as bad as the Connolly ‘penalty’ which inevitably got overturned
- Allowing Man Utd to take a corner in the 97th minute when only 5 were added on?

How is anyone defending the referee?

Cavanaugh is on the list now. Utterly terrible.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Grow up everyone. We lost because we gave a penalty away before the ref blew for full time. It was a penalty. Why had we left Maguire on his own for a final seconds corner. Talk of appealing and blaming the ref is embarrassing.

Fraid so.

It was a penalty and we missed too many chances.

Simple as.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Even dignified Potter said similar... It’s simply big club bias. Oh let’s let Man Utd have another chance.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apart from the non sending off of fernades, the second penalty they weirdly overturned, the extra added on time, awarding a goal kick when the only player near the ball was a man utd player. Yeah apart from that they did great.

Aye ..it’s not the first time we’ve had issues with this ref and his troop of assistants

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here