Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What an absolute joke

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
There is a lot of misunderstandin of added time here. The 4th official indicates a minimum addition but the ref on the field decides when a game finishes.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
What happens if Ryan saves the penalty are they allowed to play the rebound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Yes it was poor defending but at the same time you have to understand our frustrations. I could literally moan about so many things. Let people let off steam. And if the rule is that when the game has ended you can’t restart it, we should appeal the result is 2-2 (and will/would). No brainer.

This is correct. Final whistle, then it's over. Rules are that you can't use VAR after the final whistle. I think we will appeal.
VAR wasn't used after the ghost goal scenario at Villa last season when the half time whistle had gone, so how can it be used after the full time whistle has gone. There is no doubt that the ref blew for full time, the recording is clear.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There is a lot of misunderstandin of added time here. The 4th official indicates a minimum addition but the ref on the field decides when a game finishes.

I don't think anyone misunderstands. The question is 'why' did the ref decide to add extra minutes to the 4th official's advice?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We have played better football in all of our games this season than any I can recall from the past. We really have a team and manager to be proud of.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Clear penalty. What did the ref do wrong ?

Yes. Penalty at the end was. But should the game still have been going? Did the ball go out before the corner? (which VAR doesn’t check). Why was Connolly’s penalty overturned when exactly the same movement from Luke Shaw soon after earned a foul and a yellow card for Ben White? How is Harry Maguire wresting Lewis Dunk not a foul? When Dunk, off balance, then puts the ball in his own net because his foot is kicked by Maguire, how is that also not a foul?

Other than that the officials had a blinder.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I wonder if we could appeal this? What if there was a situation when the ref blew for full time, but then an hour later when watching the game back you saw a clear hand ball right at the end? They wouldn’t continue the game? (It was a clear pen tho)
I was 'watching on whoscored.com.' and after Sollys goal the full time logo could be seen. On Northstandchat there was a collective groan and 'what the feck' and it was a good five minutes untill the United penalty & 2 - 3 was visible. What was all that about? whoscored.com obviously thought the game had finished at 2 - 2 what a crock of pooo.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The VAR check was indicated by the same person who asked the ref to check out our ultimately ruled-out penalty.

Manchester born, Chris Kavanagh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The only action that can be taken after the final whistle is a penalty kick. VAR were still reviewing it before the final whistle. Therefore you go back for the kick and only for the kick. That was correct. The amount of added time was a joke though. Potter picked up on the correct cock up in his post match BT Sport interview.

However, we need to concentrate better in both boxes. Only ourselves to blame for not scoring 5 or 6.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No problem with the penalty, as it was one, and no problem with it being reviewed by VAR in the seconds after the whistle blew as the incident was prior to it, but our rightful annoyance is that Solly scored on 94 mins 23 seconds, and they were award a corner on 96 mins 11 seconds into 5 minutes of stoppage time.

But saying that it was schoolboy stuff to even give them the opportunity. After equalizing we should have been 11 men behind the ball and just lump it up field at the first opportunity.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
No problem with the penalty, as it was one, and no problem with it being reviewed by VAR in the seconds after the whistle blew as the incident was prior to it, but our rightful annoyance is that Solly scored on 94 mins 23 seconds, and they were award a corner on 96 mins 11 seconds into 5 minutes of stoppage time.

But saying that it was schoolboy stuff to even give them the opportunity. After equalizing we should have been 11 men behind the ball and just lump it up field at the first opportunity.
Hiw long were we celebrating?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The only action that can be taken after the final whistle is a penalty kick. VAR were still reviewing it before the final whistle. Therefore you go back for the kick and only for the kick. That was correct. The amount of added time was a joke though. Potter picked up on the correct cock up in his post match BT Sport interview.

However, we need to concentrate better in both boxes. Only ourselves to blame for not scoring 5 or 6.

Still reviewing it? I doubt if they had started - he blew the whistle almost immediately.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And inability to hold a lead. The broadcasters are still replaying our goal when we typically concede one, that’s how soon after it typically is. That’s a big worry, had enough of it now. Potter and Dunk need to fix that bloody quickly.

Dunk was fouled for their second goal. Maguire kicked Dunk’s ankle forward to make contact with the ball, nudging it over the line, and bringing Dunk down. That’s a foul.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Bloody annoying again we’re talking about the ref. Great performance very good to watch, and for once getting some credit from the pundits.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dunk was fouled for their second goal. Maguire kicked Dunk’s ankle forward to make contact with the ball, nudging it over the line, and bringing Dunk down. That’s a foul.

It’s bad luck at most. Because no foul was given. Their goals however were and that, post match, is the only thing that matters.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
For all the hoopla surrounding the finale it was kind of what we were told VAR was for. The right decision was reached. All the sundry debates about whether we should still have been playing or if the ball was out of play are precisely the things we've been debating forever and will continue to do so.

The single most annoying refereeing decision for me today was White's booking. United player changes his run, stops following the ball, runs into White and falls over. United win a free kick and our player is booked. Wait! What?

Beginning to feel the blood pressure subside and the perspective return. We are very close to being a bloody good side and are ironing out the various glitches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here