Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wetherspoons

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Truly is the daddy of chain pubs at the moment!! - theyve really stepped their game up, they are now stacking...

grey goose (you can barely find this ANYWHERE in england, let alone bargain basement bars)

Johnny Walker Black label

Knob creek

Bulleit Bourbon

Leffe Blond

Now they just need to clean their glasses, get music and no one will be able to touch them.

Wetherspoons I salute you

:drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wot no Harveys? ???

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Wetherspoons are bad for the whole on-trade.

And what are you talking about Grey Goose being hard to find?? That stuff is everywhere that considers itself trendy. The people that make it have been on a big marketing drive over here for the past 12 months or so and it's infiltrating the market big time.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Safeway said:
There's a Weatherspoons in Norwich that plays music. Well good it is.

All the others are souless shells. Would rather pay a bit more and get some ATMOS.

so if a bar doesn't play music it's souless, noncesense.

It's good to go to a pub and have a chat sometimes, its also good to go to the one in leicester square before the big dog clubs in the west end, chill with your mates with some cheap good quality drinks.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Safeway said:
There's a Weatherspoons in Norwich that plays music. Well good it is.

All the others are souless shells. Would rather pay a bit more and get some ATMOS.

So withers is a bit crap then

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wetherspoons Clifton - Corona something silly like £1.50 a bottle.

Every other bar (and there are shit loads) within 100 metres - the same drink is £3.00, give or take.

I'd still never go there though for lots of reasons - big soulless place, full of freaks, last orders at 11 etc etc.

Some people swear by them though - each to their own.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
dwayne said:
its also good to go to the one in leicester square before the big dog clubs in the west end, chill with your mates with some cheap good quality drinks.

Why do you need cheap drinks for?

You're always telling us how much money you earn.

Aren't these pubs beneath you?

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Depends where they are. One in West Street is full of twats, the one Hove is full of old men, the one in Bognor is full of chavs on a weekend, the one in Chichester is nice though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bozza said:
Wetherspoons Clifton - Corona something silly like £1.50 a bottle.

Every other bar (and there are shit loads) within 100 metres - the same drink is £3.00, give or take.

I'd still never go there though for lots of reasons - big soulless place, full of freaks, last orders at 11 etc etc.

Some people swear by them though - each to their own.

big soulless place....are they all the same? no

full of freaks...maybe in Bristol mate,but then that's bristol, the one's I'v been to in Kensington, the west end and bmuff are just filled with regular folk

Last orders at 11...aren't most pubs!?!

junior said:
Wasnt it Wetherspoons that banned smoking in all its pubs a while back?

Don't think so. Have been in both West Street and the Eastbourne one recenty and could smoke no probs.

They are fine if you just want a couple of quiet drinks and a chat with your mates, and the food's okay, but if I'm on a 'big' night out I really want somewhere with a bit more life.

:dance:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Wetherspoons are rolling out the no-smoking policy over the next couple of years.

A number of pubs are already affected

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
dwayne said:
big soulless place....are they all the same? no

full of freaks...maybe in Bristol mate,but then that's bristol, the one's I'v been to in Kensington, the west end and bmuff are just filled with regular folk

Last orders at 11...aren't most pubs!?!

I'm not talking about Bristol central, I'm talking about Clifton.

It is big and cavernous - too big for me.

It is the only pub/bar of the 10-15 within a 5 minute walk of where I live where last orders (Mon.-Sat.) is at 11:00. All the others are 1 or 2.

It is the only one of these pub/bars that employs bonehead type doormen typical of most towny establishments. You get that "can you start moving down the bar now" shit where they try and herd you into a small space by the door before forcing people to finish their drink or leave it behind. Not the way I want to spend an evening out, thanks.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Not to mention the fact that they're an alchie's haven due to their cheap prices and early opening.

I've never found a Wetherspoons that didn't have at least one incomprehensible old man dribling down himself in a corner, or at the bar

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The Wetherspoons in Worthing is always full of half-cut alki's and old age pensioners who buy a pint and make it last a whole day. True, it's cheap, but i'd rather go elsewhere and enjoy myself.

We went into a Wetherspoons in Leicester when we got there and although it was a massive almost empty place, save of course for the dribbling old blokes in the corner, it was fine for that time of day when you have a couple of hours to kill.

I was impressed by the selections of beer in there, especially Kirin on draught at £1.69 a pint.

As said others have also said it's not somewhere I'd choose to head for on a night out, but for a couple of drinks it's not bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here