Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West street FIRM

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Anyone on here used to be a part of the Brighton West Street Firm or have any stories linked to this golden era of football aggro :catfight:

I remember one bank holiday Monday (not a football game on)Hanging around west street in 83 being chased by about 50 skinheads along the seafront I never knew I could run 100meters in 11 seconds ,as I was about 14 at the time I thought I was hard in my pringle jumper & farah slacks ,but it was all part of growing up ,good days

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Most of them werent big fellas, just a mob of lads with trendy Sergio T and Pringle jumpers and deerstalker hats. They did a bit in the early 80's, but rarely turned out for the big games against serious opposition, West Ham, Chelsea, etc etc. However, they were a focal point for most of the like minded souls at that time, and there was a bit of a reputation floating around that we had developed a firm that maybe wasnt in the public eye before. Faded away from perhaps 86 ish as far as I can remember.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There was no golden era of football hooliganism.

The majority of law-abiding supporters ended up being treated like shit whilst the idiots ran around being 'hard' and thinking they were clever. They are paying for it now though, literally.

I am sure ROTR will put in an appearance on this thread soon joyfully remembering the "good old days", then 5 minutes later posting another 10 threads on why he cannot afford to go to football anymore.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

The majority of law-abiding supporters ended up being treated like shit whilst the idiots ran around being 'hard' and thinking they were clever. They are paying for it now though, literally.

I am sure ROTR will put in an appearance on this thread soon joyfully remembering the "good old days", then 5 minutes later posting another 10 threads on why he cannot afford to go to football anymore.

Yep that's about sums it up for me as well. They were a combination of sad, spotty 15-16 year olds or sad, fat, bald overweight 40-50 year olds with tiny pricks with nothing better to do than to cause trouble.

Anyone who thinks they were cool are pretty thick...I once saw a group of EF students set upon by a West Street "crew" for no reason other than they were foreign students.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
One of these thread where we'll end up having everyone claim to have had something to do with a west street firm, when in reality it was a dozen bored teenagers.

I rather like not having hooliganism.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
They have a Facebook page.

I have no links with them at all, but I do remember them and once got jumped by a gang of them one sunny afternoon for no particular reason.

They had their moments and could be a nasty bunch including many fights with opposing supporters and anonymous locals and they liked a shoplift too.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
top A&H, bottom A&H, Family Fun, Line Up, Nudges Unlimited, Pac Land, Track and Field, Marble Madness, Paperboy, Lois cords, Kickers, Australian tracksuits...aah it's all coming back

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I remember Palace singing "West Street give us a wave west street west street give us a wave"

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
top A&H, bottom A&H, Family Fun, Line Up, Nudges Unlimited, Pac Land, Track and Field, Marble Madness, Paperboy, Lois cords, Kickers, Australian tracksuits...aah it's all coming back

I remember playing Track and Field at west street crystal rooms but it had a joystick and not the buttons so for the 100 metres I managed to take the skin off the palm of my hand from the friction of the joystick frantically trying to win the 100 metres
What started out a hooligan thread ends up talking about arcade games down west street :facepalm:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Defender was the dogs bollox of arcade games

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
the West Street Firm were far more notorious than their 'exploits' deserved. In the scheme of gang violence they were positively Non-League.

I always wanted to be one though....

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Anyone on here used to be a part of the Brighton West Street Firm or have any stories linked to this golden era of football aggro :catfight:

I remember one bank holiday Monday (not a football game on)Hanging around west street in 83 being chased by about 50 skinheads along the seafront I never knew I could run 100meters in 11 seconds ,as I was about 14 at the time I thought I was hard in my pringle jumper & farah slacks ,but it was all part of growing up ,good days

There is a thread on NSC Gold : WSF. The Origins Of Casuals In Brighton.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
The West Street Firm are mainly to be found in the deckchairs at the cricket. Lovely bunch of old softies.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I remember playing Track and Field at west street crystal rooms but it had a joystick and not the buttons so for the 100 metres I managed to take the skin off the palm of my hand from the friction of the joystick frantically trying to win the 100 metres
What started out a hooligan thread ends up talking about arcade games down west street :facepalm:

You weren't the only one
Used to rip my skin to bits playing them arcade machines, took yonks to recover

I like to think of myself as more middle street??? What a strange post by you sir:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here