Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
:shrug: Did you watch the Leicester game?

I’m still supportive of Potter, but the way Burn has been torn apart at LB the last few times he’s played there, it’s not comprehensible to me that Potter can’t see that, you could see in the Leicester game after 20 minutes they were destroying us down that side and we ended up conceding all the goals down that side.

I watch all the Albion games.
I am aware that Leicester are 3rd and we are 17th.
I still maintain that Potter knows more about his players and about football than 99.99% of the posters on here.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I’m just calling out nonsense hysteria as I see it. Sorry, I don’t agree with the public flogging of Dan Burn.

What specifically have I said you disagree with?

I think the post above yours answers it succinctly. Other people have opinions.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I have no idea why I am answering you but here goes.

I have seen every home game at the amex apart from 4
I saw every match at withdean apart from 12. 2 seasons whilst there, every away game apart from 8
I saw every game at gillingham
I saw every home game apart from 5 when we were in the first division, home and away over the time.
I only missed a few at the goldstone since I started watching us in 1975

I am entitled to my opinion and will give it. I care not one jot what you think about it.

Have a nice day

Am just genuinely confused why the players lining up are so baffling to you. They’re all first team players?

Not challenging your fan credentials. We’re all hard core here. Have a good day buddy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Maybe Burn is better option for defending set plays. I presume Lamptey is injured?

Yes Andy N said that lamptey has a hamstring problem and thinks they need to change his style of game to make him “ slow down” . Not sure if I have ever heard of that before.

Can’t remember a young player ever been told to slow down before

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Are you saying West Ham’s playing style and personnel are the same as Leicester’s?

West Ham actually have a very good team, they have the kind of style I think could spell trouble for us based on what I’ve seen of both teams this season, their strengths are our weakness.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I watch all the Albion games.
I am aware that Leicester are 3rd and we are 17th.
I still maintain that Potter knows more about his players and about football than 99.99% of the posters on here.

I would hope so......[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I’m just calling out nonsense hysteria as I see it. Sorry, I don’t agree with the public flogging of Dan Burn.

What specifically have I said you disagree with?

It is not flogging just opinions. Who knows Burn may be an outstanding CB but facts are playing wide his positional play is poor and wide attackers find it easy to go past him

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Precautionary according to GP.

He had to replace him with Velts or Burn and chose Burn. This has caused an outcry with some on NSC. Always something I guess.

Well yes, I wouldn’t expect anything less. Veltman has looked good going forward of late, but Burn is better defending set pieces. No doubt Burn will whip in a cross for Welbeck to nod in the winner!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes Andy N said that lamptey has a hamstring problem and thinks they need to change his style of game to make him “ slow down” . Not sure if I have ever heard of that before.

Can’t remember a young player ever been told to slow down before

In fairness he really doesn't need to go balls out all the time to beat most opposition players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Zamora sounding more WHU than Albion :down:

Although I see [MENTION=41448]The Fits[/MENTION] disagrees

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just have to wonder what has gone wrong with Bernardo. I’d much prefer to see him in that position than burn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here