Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
So disappointed that Burn is starting... Useless, not even good in the air...

Completely disheartened before we have even kicked a ball today... Sick of Potter
Burn might play well today. Let's just hope he does. He has only played one really bad game this season. The rest okish.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We are not good enough to play squad rotation! I hope my words come back to bite me, but I am totally baffled by this constant chopping and changing

All teams do it regardless of how good they are ???

Besides, I'm more than happy to rest Veltman ahead of Tuesday.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Is the team really that shocking?

All of these players have featured or started most games this season. Main change is Lamptey which is enforced, and he’s swapped him for Burn (who swaps with White)..

What position/player is baffling to you?

All of them.

Sanchez
White
Webster
Dunk
Biss
Maupay
Trossard
Lallana
Welbeck
March
Burn

The one main change: Burn

If you’re genuinely confused by the above you haven’t seen us play much. Aside from Burn these are all core first team players?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Usual cohort on here who know more about football in general and Brighton players in particular than a professional manager who works with them full time.

Plenty of managers make poor decisions. Time will tell if this is one.

Hopefully GP is spot on of course [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Burn might play well today. Let's just hope he does. He has only played one really bad game this season. The rest okish.

I disagree, Maybe it's where he's asked to play but he seems to give the ball away an awful lot.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m baffled that Burn is anywhere near the starting 11.

Alzate, Veltman or White be a more obvious switch for Lamptey, unless March is switching

Yeah maybe, it’s only one position though. And Burn has had great games for us too.

I’d personally go for Velts too if fit, but Burn doesn’t deserve this hyperbole.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You know what, I'm excited and cautiously optimistic about this fixture.

I think we struggle the most against the worst teams, in part because we are not Man City and find it hard to break them down.

We do best against sides who play football, like us.

I am going to stick my neck out and predict a 3-1 win.

Welbeck 31, Maupay 45, Haller 47, Trossard 85

Called 3-1 myself.

Maupay 2 and Bissouma

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
From what I’ve seen of West Ham just lately they are extremely strong at set pieces, that’s my biggest worry today. I’ve been very impressed by them this season.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Usual cohort on here who know more about football in general and Brighton players in particular than a professional manager who works with them full time.

It’s a football forum way do you expect to debate?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

Any what would the ****ing point be in coming on here if we all felt like that! Imagine being at a party with you and Potter.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Is there anyone on this board that still thinks that Potter has a clue about what he is doing? In his own way, he's as inept and clueless as Sami.

Saints got beat by 9(nine) last season, now look at them, same manager

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Precautionary according to GP.

He had to replace him with Velts or Burn and chose Burn. This has caused an outcry with some on NSC. Always something I guess.

How does it feel to believe you are always right?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
From what I’ve seen of West Ham just lately they are extremely strong at set pieces, that’s my biggest worry today. I’ve been very impressed by them this season.

Same. They’re much improved. A very well drilled outfit.

I’m not super confident today. A point would be good. A loss is quite possible.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
:shrug: Did you watch the Leicester game?

I’m still supportive of Potter, but the way Burn has been torn apart at LB the last few times he’s played there, it’s not comprehensible to me that Potter can’t see that, you could see in the Leicester game after 20 minutes they were destroying us down that side and we ended up conceding all the goals down that side.

Are you saying West Ham’s playing style and personnel are the same as Leicester’s?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sanchez
White
Webster
Dunk
Biss
Maupay
Trossard
Lallana
Welbeck
March
Burn

The one main change: Burn

If you’re genuinely confused by the above you haven’t seen us play much. Aside from Burn these are all core first team players?

I have no idea why I am answering you but here goes.

I have seen every home game at the amex apart from 4
I saw every match at withdean apart from 12. 2 seasons whilst there, every away game apart from 8
I saw every game at gillingham
I saw every home game apart from 5 when we were in the first division, home and away over the time.
I only missed a few at the goldstone since I started watching us in 1975

I am entitled to my opinion and will give it. I care not one jot what you think about it.

Have a nice day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here