Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
We are never able to guess team selection now no idea how they may line up. Just cant believe Burn should play anywhere but CB but surely hasnt been selected over Dutch international there. If he plays anywhere else sorry but many better players in squad. Never thought we would get to stage where somebody is selected because they are tall.
Lets have peoples thoughts on how we will line up.

Back 3 with Burn playing No. 9 up front!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Maty Ryan jumps higher than BDB.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I am totally baffled by this constant chopping and changing

Is the team really that shocking?

All of these players have featured or started most games this season. Main change is Lamptey which is enforced, and he’s swapped him for Burn (who swaps with White)..

What position/player is baffling to you?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If it’s Burn at left back, after how he basically lost us the game against Leicester, that’s an indefensible decision from Potter.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Usual cohort on here who know more about football in general and Brighton players in particular than a professional manager who works with them full time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

All of these players have featured or started most games this season. Main change is Lamptey which is enforced, and he’s swapped him for Burn (who swaps with White)..

All of them.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think Burn is ok as LWB given our current options and despite popular opinion on here, I think he gives us extra cover at set pieces, but he's definitely not a LB. I think we'll be going five at the back with Solly at RWB. Not too bad a team in my eyes, taking into account Potter's strange dislike of Alzate and Bernardo.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Usual cohort on here who now more about football in general and Brighton players in particular than a professional manager who works with them full time.

:shrug: Did you watch the Leicester game?

I’m still supportive of Potter, but the way Burn has been torn apart at LB the last few times he’s played there, it’s not comprehensible to me that Potter can’t see that, you could see in the Leicester game after 20 minutes they were destroying us down that side and we ended up conceding all the goals down that side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice goal at Newcastle and possibly intentional back flip for Macs goal at Palace. But yeah apart from that.

We’ll forget about the missed sitters then

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I’m baffled that Burn is anywhere near the starting 11.

Alzate, Veltman or White be a more obvious switch for Lamptey, unless March is switching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here