Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We are never able to guess team selection now no idea how they may line up. Just cant believe Burn should play anywhere but CB but surely hasnt been selected over Dutch international there. If he plays anywhere else sorry but many better players in squad. Never thought we would get to stage where somebody is selected because they are tall.
Lets have peoples thoughts on how we will line up.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Squad rotation is playing a big part here. Lets not forget, we play Arsenal in a little over 50 hours time.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Intriguing team.
If White is at RWB you wonder why Alzate doesn't get a chance there when that was where Potter started playing him...

GP has discussed this a few times I believe. I don’t think RB is necessarily his position. He likes to give youngsters a run out in FB to give them game experience in a position that has a little less responsibility.

However I do agree with your concern. As Alzate is a special talent, and I’m slightly confused why he’s not featuring that much.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
So disappointed that Burn is starting... Useless, not even good in the air...

Completely disheartened before we have even kicked a ball today... Sick of Potter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've forgone my pound on BDB anytime @ 14/1 and doubled up to £2 on a hattrick @ 500/1 :thumbsup:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
GP has discussed this a few times I believe. I don’t think RB is necessarily his position. He likes to give youngsters a run out in FB to give them game experience in a position that has a little less responsibility.

However I do agree with your concern. As Alzate is a special talent, and I’m slightly confused why he’s not featuring that much.

Possibly long Covid sufferer but then why anywhere near the squad if not quite right. It’s a strange one.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Personally, I’m just going to take some positives from the performance and learn something :rolleyes:
Yes this. West Ham are a very good team who are tough to break down and I'm looking forward to seeing the lads really show some good application for some periods.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of the lazy criticism of Potter's selection policy. He's been up all night picking the team for this one.

gold-line-portable-bingo-machine.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Squad rotation is playing a big part here. Lets not forget, we play Arsenal in a little over 50 hours time.

We are not good enough to play squad rotation! I hope my words come back to bite me, but I am totally baffled by this constant chopping and changing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here