Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't see why people are analysing the team line up and proclaiming we'll. Our defeat today was set when the match day thread was started so far in advance as it has been for the last four games.

20120414WestHam.jpg

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I do hope all the naysayers have their apologies ready after we win this afternoon. The amount of wallowing on this thread is quite astonishing.

believe me i hope for nothing more than to be wrong abou this, but that set up just doesnt seem logical considering a) where we are in the league b) the amount of games left in the league and c) the quality of opposition.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I just do not see that Barnes fits the role of a lone striker away to a leading team in the division. Assulin has not played for weeks and then is chosen for ths 'big one'. I think the squad is too big, Gus has too many choices and all we are getting is change and confusion. Gus is feeling the pressure for sure.

Gus is a tinkerman - doesn't know his best 11, lets hope he's got this right tho

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Come on lads, keep them from getting 3 points and we'll be eternally grateful

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Come full time everyone will be moaning about the team selection, at the moment only the realistic are moaning. Ridiculously defensive line up which will invite them onto us. Really hope I'm wrong though

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I like the look of that line up, assulin keeps the ball very well and can pass in those tight spaces which will be veyr handy in this game.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The only thing which pleases me about the line up is Barnes is finally being played as a striker.

this ..................and if Gus is playing mind games with knobhead I know who my money would be on

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Team confirmed:

Brez

Calderon
El-Abd
Greer
Painter

Dicker
Bridcutt
Navarro
Vicente
Assulin

Barnes

This just echo's what I have often thought....Gus doesn't have a clue about our best starting line-up. Barnes as a sole striker????

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's a fairly bog standard 4-5-1, really nothing new at all.

Goalie, flat back four, defensive/holding midfielder (Bridcutt), two central midfielders (Navarro & Dicker), left winger (Vicente), right winger (Assulin), striker (Barnes)

Bog standard .. not for us, not in set up or personnel. Gus has been saying how we need to play the same away as we do at home. He's the boss ... hope he's got this one right

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The only thing which pleases me about the line up is Barnes is finally being played as a striker.

this ..................and if Gus is playing mind games with knobhead I know who my money would be on

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How can people COMPLAIN

Gus' gameplan is OBVIOUS and may work a treat.

Pack the midfield and stop west ham getting ANY chance to control te centre.

We all know the fans HATE the long ball stuff under Sam so if we can force them into that by default then that will anger them.

Get to 60 mins still in the game and then UNLEASH the flair.

I never realised we had so many ex- footballers and managers on this board.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
How can people COMPLAIN

Gus' gameplan is OBVIOUS and may work a treat.

Pack the midfield and stop west ham getting ANY chance to control te centre.

We all know the fans HATE the long ball stuff under Sam so if we can force them into that by default then that will anger them.

Get to 60 mins still in the game and then UNLEASH the flair.

I never realised we had so many ex- footballers and managers on this board.

we are f***ing inundated mate......inundated...!!

bhafc arundel

Apr 4, 2012
arundel
I take a team picked by Gus over any of you keyboard wankers any day.For fucks sake the game has yet to start yet some so called fans are already f***ing moaning.Words fail me

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Terrible team selection again by gus,i get the feeling he's not to fussed about making the playoffs.How on earth does painter get into the team as he's gash,no wingers again and i would,ve thought gus would,ve learn't from previous away games that this just doesn't work.

We are depending on barnes to lead the lonely front line:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here