Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How can people COMPLAIN

Gus' gameplan is OBVIOUS and may work a treat.

Pack the midfield and stop west ham getting ANY chance to control te centre.

We all know the fans HATE the long ball stuff under Sam so if we can force them into that by default then that will anger them.

Get to 60 mins still in the game and then UNLEASH the flair.

I never realised we had so many ex- footballers and managers on this board.

that would all be well and good, but you are forgetting that wet sham bypass their midfield completely.. HOOF!!!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Terrible team selection again by gus,i get the feeling he's not to fussed about making the playoffs.How on earth does painter get into the team as he's gash,no wingers again and i would,ve thought gus would,ve learn't from previous away games that this just doesn't work.

We are depending on barnes to lead the lonely front line:shrug:
Agreed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FFS , Gus picks the team. Are all the moaners closet Sladeophiles ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on you super seagulls. Pissing off to watch the game on Coolsportz (stream 5)

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Terrible team selection again by gus,i get the feeling he's not to fussed about making the playoffs.How on earth does painter get into the team as he's gash,no wingers again and i would,ve thought gus would,ve learn't from previous away games that this just doesn't work.

We are depending on barnes to lead the lonely front line:shrug:

Guz line up has made feel like switching off before we've taken the pitch.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I also can't believe the negativity...even before the game starts. WHU are bound to try to hit us hard early on and so we need to be strong in midfield, frustrate them and then find some gaps in the 2nd half...release Lua Lua and CMS. As for Painter at LB, Mattock isn't fit, Reyes is making a habit of making rash challenges (blackpool, sent off, Reading, gave away the foul that led to the goal) and when has Painer let us down? He may not be the quickest, but he is steady and we will have plenty of midfielders helping out. Keep the Faith all you doubters!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I take a team picked by Gus over any of you keyboard wankers any day.For fucks sake the game has yet to start yet some so called fans are already f***ing moaning.Words fail me

Such blind loyalty - so touching.

:D:D

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
just got online - so barnes is our best forward???? this is a must win game!!!!

where is Toby.A - he is better than barnes and vokes put together.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
This is the one game I would've played 2 wingers, West Ham just hoof it, if we get the ball down and create space and use the wings then I think we'd have a decent change of winning but this selection looks very defensive.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For those confused, Johnny Cantor meant Norwich 1-6 Manchester CITY, not united, that's why he mentioned Tevez scoring a hat-trick.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Guz line up has made feel like switching off before we've taken the pitch.

Gus is still in charge and I hope you are wrong with your prediction

love your avatar by the way

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So much pace in the side today folks. West Ham will be blown away. Watch us go. At least a double on the cards from Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here