Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Wingers mean fewer bodies in midfield. West ham out-muscled us in the middle of the park at The Amex so I suppose Gus is looking to put more bodies in there.

Assulin can go wide if necessary.

Exactly what i was thinking, plus both Assulin and Vicente can go wide

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Wasn't Vicente considered Europe's best left-winger at one point?

Well one assumes the team was set up for him to play there ... we need him pulling the strings in the centre ... I've really no idea how this is going to work, hope I can find a stream

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Lets just wait and see shall we, give our manager the benefit of the doubt and all that. As mentioned I think he's going there to try and keep it tight for 70mins then unleash Noone and Lua Lua.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
any (established) wingers even?

Did you miss all those years Vicente spent on the left wing for Valencia then?

Vicente down the left, Joaquin down the right, Villa up front...deadly

Vicente down the left, Assulin down the right, Barnes up front....we'll see

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I like Painter but do think his lack of pace is a worry at this level. Luckily, it looks like West Ham aren't playing any wingers.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This. What an utter tosh team that is. I know Vicente is good but he cant do ALL the attacking on his own

This season,,,Dicker 0 goals, Navarro 1 goal, Bridcutt 0 Goals. Assuin 0 Goals,,,,,against a team that has let in 7 in their last two home games..I just can't believe it and a game we probably must win.....Big Sam must be laughing his cock off..I truely think this team is appalling.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This season,,,Dicker 0 goals, Navarro 1 goal, Bridcutt 0 Goals. Assuin 0 Goals,,,,,against a team that has let in 7 in their last two home games..I just can't believe it and a game we probably must win.....Big Sam must be laughing his cock off..I truely think this team is appalling.

i cant believe i agree with you, but you are right, west ham has had a shit defence of late, if we had started with attacking players we could absolutely hammer (no pun) them.

this is just embarrassing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I think 'appalling' is rather overdoing it tbh.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Quite like the team, Dicker to pick out Assulin/Vicente who can work the all into the box to Barnes who many say is our bestfi finisher.

Just wish Mattock was fit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here