[Football] West Ham Fans Forum

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Out of interest, and mixing threads a bit, what’s the general view at Wet Spam about David Gold? I know the atmosphere there was toxic for quite a while and the Gollivans were not popular.
Just asked ST holder I am with. Whilst reluctant to talk about Gold he said owners had for eg taken too much out in interest charges etc

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Does that actually work? Such an easy way to get round the TV rights issues that it seems too good to be true. Unlike all the illegal streams doing the rounds, VPNs are legal and Peacock is allowed to show the matches, so hard to see what the case against it would be.
It does (or so I am lead to be believe)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So there is no evidence that West Ham actually sanction the uncontrolled onward sale of tickets, just a conclusion that the OP has jumpted to!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quite frankly I wouldn’t want the family of 4 STH who sit near me selling their tickets to a bunch of Herberts who the club has no information about.
Do you never use public transport? Bit risky if the train/bus operators haven't got the bank details, addresses, D.O.B.s, phone numbers, photo ID and inside leg measurement of everybody who might come near you on a train or a bus, isn't it? Or in the cinema for that matter.
I bet you must have been terrified going to matches when it was POTG! Heaven's above, you could have been standing next to a mass murderer! Glad you survived ................................

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Peacock is great and it's extremely rare that our away games aren't on the channel. They also put up full match replays for all PL matches for a month in case you want to rewatch a particularly enjoyable game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So there is no evidence that West Ham actually sanction the uncontrolled onward sale of tickets, just a conclusion that the OP has jumpted to!
I have not jumpted to anything. I said I assumed WH was ok with it otherwise am sure they would try and stop it. Dont think it would last long on NSC.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Does that actually work? Such an easy way to get round the TV rights issues that it seems too good to be true. Unlike all the illegal streams doing the rounds, VPNs are legal and Peacock is allowed to show the matches, so hard to see what the case against it would be.
There's loads of online legal streaming services that can be signed up for. I've had over 10 from various countries over the years. Peacock is probably the best out there with English commentary at the moment. Although I signed up years ago not sure if it's easy to sign up with a UK payment method anymore ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Do you never use public transport? Bit risky if the train/bus operators haven't got the bank details, addresses, D.O.B.s, phone numbers, photo ID and inside leg measurement of everybody who might come near you on a train or a bus, isn't it? Or in the cinema for that matter.
I bet you must have been terrified going to matches when it was POTG! Heaven's above, you could have been standing next to a mass murderer! Glad you survived ................................
On public transport neither me nor the person sitting next to me are partisan followers of the train/bus. I do not sit on the bus chanting its name. I can move if I want to.
There were times in the 70/80s when I would have been happier with better segregation. Wasn’t that Spurs match a right old laugh?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On public transport neither me nor the person sitting next to me are partisan followers of the train/bus. I do not sit on the bus chanting its name. I can move if I want to.
There were times in the 70/80s when I would have been happier with better segregation. Wasn’t that Spurs match a right old laugh?
OK, football fans are violent thugs. Mrs. Thatcher certainly thought so, and made sure large swathes of the population thought that too. It is what it is, I suppose..........

.....amd forgive me, don't partisan followers chanting their allegiance share public transport to and from the ground on match days?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
.....amd forgive me, don't partisan followers chanting their allegiance share public transport to and from the ground on match days?
Of course. And when a goal goes in the number 45 bus is a cauldron of hate

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course. And when a goal goes in the number 45 bus is a cauldron of hate
Shame they let unidentified people on it without them being members, or registered, or with compulsory photo IDs then. Bus company needs to up its game, subjecting passengers to contact with complete strangers with no sort of checks at all ......................

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
OK, football fans are violent thugs. Mrs. Thatcher certainly thought so, and made sure large swathes of the population thought that too. It is what it is, I suppose..........

Judging from previous posts of yours, I assume you were around in the 70s and 80s so you are well aware that, whilst the vast majority of fans were not thugs, there was a minority that were. It didn't need thatcher or anyone else to identify that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Judging from previous posts of yours, I assume you were around in the 70s and 80s so you are well aware that, whilst the vast majority of fans were not thugs, there was a minority that were. It didn't need thatcher or anyone else to identify that.
We knew the vast majority weren't thugs, but that wasn't Thatcher's agenda, or that of her pet press like the S*n. And between them they've eventually engendered a mind-set among some fans that they really only feel safe if the bloke sitting next to them has been checked and verified by the club and has a clean record and photo ID.

And that of course is the irony. All the faff - sorry, security - doesn't prevent STHs suddenly finding Arsenal (or other big six) supporters cosying up next to them in WSU or wherever; it only really seems to successfully weed out home fans wickedly borrowing another home fan's ticket leant to them in friendship.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I have not jumpted to anything. I said I assumed WH was ok with it otherwise am sure they would try and stop it. Dont think it would last long on NSC.
?? This very thread - surprise surprise has turned into advice about VPNs and the merits of streaming services including several links and lists of where to get them. . And also - a good old run out of very well worn arguments - about sharing and selling tickets - presumably the intention of starting the thread on NSC in first place.

SAC

May 21, 2014
How can the club stop links to streams being posted to a web forum that presumably the club don’t run/control?
I imagine that a club would threaten the forum with legal action. They possibly wouldn't win but the threat would usually be enough. If I remember correctly, NSC has been advised not to discuss certain Albion related news stories before.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I imagine that a club would threaten the forum with legal action. They possibly wouldn't win but the threat would usually be enough. If I remember correctly, NSC has been advised not to discuss certain Albion related news stories before.
And anyone caught breaking the rules will be sent to Siberia Middlesbrough

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why would they threaten legal action to a website for posting links to streams? Posting a link to a stream isn't illegal as far as I'm aware and West Ham aren't the rights owners so why would they? Would West Ham also be threatening Twitter and Facebook with legal action as links get posted there too?

Guess I'm just trying to point out that there isn't really that much that West Ham can do about it as it is all out of their control due to the nature of the internet.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Peacock is great and it's extremely rare that our away games aren't on the channel. They also put up full match replays for all PL matches for a month in case you want to rewatch a particularly enjoyable game.
It’s also good that they typically advertise their schedule 2 weeks ahead.

From memory this season they haven’t missed an away game for us

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Why would they threaten legal action to a website for posting links to streams? Posting a link to a stream isn't illegal as far as I'm aware and West Ham aren't the rights owners so why would they? Would West Ham also be threatening Twitter and Facebook with legal action as links get posted there too?

Guess I'm just trying to point out that there isn't really that much that West Ham can do about it as it is all out of their control due to the nature of the internet.
Should also add there isnt any illegality using peacock or a VPN combination in view the former is a paid subscription service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports