Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham Fans Forum

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thank you and very nice of you but I wont take up offer. A bit silly I know but a matter of principal for me. I still dont understand why I can buy guest tickets and dont have to give a name or tell them they have to become a member. Yet when I invite for eg somebody that for health reasons must sit next to me I have to buy a membership for them.
I am pleased that I have already taken the person in question to a game this season. Sounds daft but person next to me could not go and I arranged to purchase this on ticket exchange. A bit of a faff and had to sit by computer until it came up so somebody else didnt buy it

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thank you for your help. I have no problem with guest tickets. It is good and many times I have got these for people. These are people that dont need to sit with us. However there is the odd person usually for health reason I used to treat if seat available with us was available . No longer possible without considerable payment for a one off game. A pity but appreciate have to accept it and move on
Whilst I have no connection to the village of Chailey I’m adding my 2p worth: when I’ve had this situation I’ve called Supporter Services and they’ve found the necessary seat together. My season ticket is then transferred to that seat for the match and I’m able to buy guest tickets in adjacent seats so we all sit together. Just letting you know that that l is an option. Think you pay a £1 admin fee to move seats for the match. Hope that is useful.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thank you and very nice of you but I wont take up offer. A bit silly I know but a matter of principal for me. I still dont understand why I can buy guest tickets and dont have to give a name or tell them they have to become a member. Yet when I invite for eg somebody that for health reasons must sit next to me I have to buy a membership for them.
I am pleased that I have already taken the person in question to a game this season. Sounds daft but person next to me could not go and I arranged to purchase this on ticket exchange. A bit of a faff and had to sit by computer until it came up so somebody else didnt buy it
It's a bit head-mental really, isn't it? As a STH I can buy four guest tickets for Bournemouth game. I can do the same for Fulham game. Club doesn't give the tiniest shit who those guests are. But if I happen to be away for a home game and want to pass my ticket to a trusted friend who would love the chance to watch a match, then all sorts of hoops and charges pop up. It really is a complete nonsense

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's a bit head-mental really, isn't it? As a STH I can buy four guest tickets for Bournemouth game. I can do the same for Fulham game. Club doesn't give the tiniest shit who those guests are. But if I happen to be away for a home game and want to pass my ticket to a trusted friend who would love the chance to watch a match, then all sorts of hoops and charges pop up. It really is a complete nonsense
They’re not the same can they. The scenario that you can’t pass on your ticket for either the Bournemouth or Fulham game is consistent though

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Disgraceful! Tickets going to people aren't registered with the club, who haven't paid to become members, who just want to watch the match. That's not how proper football clubs work, surely?

Next thing they'll be allowing bottletops in the ground ...............................
Arf. What would be useful on here would be a mailing list of people who are albion + members but not season ticket holders. So STH holders like myself who can't make it can offer directly to them. Rather than going through an exchange. Then we have a much better chance of soares going to Brighton fans. Looking forward to Liverpool where I'll no doubt be surrounded by silent Liverpool fans sitting on there hands as usual.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Whilst I have no connection to the village of Chailey I’m adding my 2p worth: when I’ve had this situation I’ve called Supporter Services and they’ve found the necessary seat together. My season ticket is then transferred to that seat for the match and I’m able to buy guest tickets in adjacent seats so we all sit together. Just letting you know that that l is an option. Think you pay a £1 admin fee to move seats for the match. Hope that is useful.
I seem to remember (and it's a few years since I did this, so happy to be corrected) that even if you move to a more expensive part of the ground you don't actually pay any more for your own ticket. Unless it was bundled into my ST direct debit without me noticing.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Absolutely. Totally undermines the "we need to know who is in each seat" argument. Don't kid yourself that this is about anything other than money.

If the relative who sat next to me was working and couldn't go, I would have his ST and take along a friend (who had mild physical and learning disabilities). She could never afford to "sign up" as a member. Took her several times. Nobody knew and nobody died.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They’re not the same can they. The scenario that you can’t pass on your ticket for either the Bournemouth or Fulham game is consistent though
Yep. Big difference between buying seats so pals can sit next to me, that's me, at the game, and selling my ticket to some anonymous bod.

There may be shortcomings over the ticketing, and when either of my brothers wants to join me, we have to pay for a print at home option because they don't have smart phones. Apart from that, if I'm being discriminated against I would need to have it explained to me using simple diagrams and, if necessary hand puppetry.
The board.PNG

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Arf. What would be useful on here would be a mailing list of people who are albion + members but not season ticket holders. So STH holders like myself who can't make it can offer directly to them. Rather than going through an exchange. Then we have a much better chance of soares going to Brighton fans. Looking forward to Liverpool where I'll no doubt be surrounded by silent Liverpool fans sitting on there hands as usual.
If they are sitting on their hands, at least they have less chance to grab your wallet I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here