[Albion] West Ham away tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All done, 28 minutes after normally done. But plenty of West Ham tickets still left.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Shitty capture thing that was endless, moronic queue length and then some daft message after selecting tickets warning you that you can't pass tickets on. I hit 'continue shopping' to proceed and it kicked my out of the ticket selection. Realised second time around that continue to payment was the other option. No idea why they put so many hurdles in place - unless it is a tantrum reaction to it being pointed out that they screwed up previously. They do some things so well but certain folk cannot accept being wrong. Pathetic

JoeKidd

Mar 15, 2015
Shitty capture thing that was endless, moronic queue length and then some daft message after selecting tickets warning you that you can't pass tickets on. I hit 'continue shopping' to proceed and it kicked my out of the ticket selection. Realised second time around that continue to payment was the other option. No idea why they put so many hurdles in place - unless it is a tantrum reaction to it being pointed out that they screwed up previously. They do some things so well but certain folk cannot accept being wrong. Pathetic
Exactly my thoughts. Took me thirty minutes to get a ticket I usually get in under five. They've screwed this up big time.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Why is it so important to be on at 9am anyway?
If you think West Ham away on a Tuesday night in January is selling out in the first hour you’re f***ing head mental.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst understanding the frustration of those who expected to be in and out in two minutes for their West Ham tickets this morning, I think people should be a bit more measured in their response.

There is a significant problem with ticket sales and those "basket reserving" tickets for mates in lower tiers. The club have listened and are trying to fix that. I received an email yesterday afternoon, with a similar message shared by @Barry Izbak on the FAB thread, about changes that were going to be made to try to make it fairer for all.

This morning is clearly an unintended consequence of the club trying to do the right thing. I've been in touch with them, they were already aware and are looking at how they improve things.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why is it so important to be on at 9am anyway?
If you think West Ham away on a Tuesday night in January is selling out in the first hour you’re f***ing head mental.
Because unless you've got 20/20 vision you can't see the other end of the pitch from the upper tiers.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nah! 4.30am with your picnic stool, flask and waterproof on Newtown Road outside the ticket office.
Sadly I'm old enough to remember them days!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whilst understanding the frustration of those who expected to be in and out in two minutes for their West Ham tickets this morning, I think people should be a bit more measured in their response.

There is a significant problem with ticket sales and those "basket reserving" tickets for mates in lower tiers. The club have listened and are trying to fix that. I received an email yesterday afternoon, with a similar message shared by @Barry Izbak on the FAB thread, about changes that were going to be made to try to make it fairer for all.

This morning is clearly an unintended consequence of the club trying to do the right thing. I've been in touch with them, they were already aware and are looking at how they improve things.
I'd genuinely like to know how much control we have over the ticketing system. If we have the ability to make code changes then write something that bounces the site and kills sessions 15 minutes before the next Tier window opens.

If it's a SaaS package that's being used by more than one club, with code changes rolled out to all of them, then we at least seem to have configuration changes at our finger tips. Bin the captcha immediately. Any site with any sense has long ago got rid of the motorbikes / traffic lights / cars bollocks because it's annoying and almost impossible to do quickly. And try to lobby the other clubs that a fix should go in for basket emptying as, to my mind, it's a fault / loophole in the code.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I did the same thing, but the ticket should have been in your basket.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Quite possibly but in terms of overkill this was quite something. The issue was about clearing the baskets between tiers, I get that a queuing system can help outside of that simple measure but this was insane. As others pointed out, 9am isn't a great time if you are working and whilst it's my own fault for being 30mins late for a Teams call it wouldn't have happened without that distraction.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Because unless you've got 20/20 vision you can't see the other end of the pitch from the upper tiers.
Yeah it's about being able to select the seat you want.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite possibly but in terms of overkill this was quite something. The issue was about clearing the baskets between tiers, I get that a queuing system can help outside of that simple measure but this was insane. As others pointed out, 9am isn't a great time if you are working and whilst it's my own fault for being 30mins late for a Teams call it wouldn't have happened without that distraction.
It would be "overkill" if how this morning played out was intentional.

I don't believe for one second the club was aware that the changes made would mean people would have to wait up to 30 minutes to buy their West Ham tickets this morning, and I know they are looking at what can be changed to remedy that.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I don't believe for one second the club was aware that the changes made would mean people would have to wait up to 30 minutes to buy their West Ham tickets this morning, and I know they are looking at what can be changed to remedy that.
Probably not helped by also have a window for Albion+ window launch for spurs and wolves, the former being quite sort after based on opposition and the fact a lot of people will be off.

Probably explains why there were c5,000 on the website at the same time

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

I think that's fair, but it does seem slightly illogical that the club decided to try and make the changes to curb "basket hoarding" on the one morning that it wasn't going to be an issue. It's not like you can stick tickets that aren't on sale yet in your basket.

Tomorrow will be interesting to see if it solves the issue with tier 2.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Overkill whether intentional or not. Failing to take any action at all previously when a clear and obvious issue for some of the most important games was rasied, followed by chucking a load of hurdles for west ham away for Tier 1 is a really daft sequence of events and not in keeping with a well run club. Small steps, small improvements, the right direction of travel - i.e. clear the baskets between tiers to avoid the 'trick' used to give certain people and advantage, easy. If going on sale to a tier band that will exceed the available tickets then introduce a queue system. Clear, obvious, straight forward.

I find it astonishing that anyone thought the measures introduced would have anything other than a negative impact on those purchasing tickets - it was extraordinary.

Thankfully they got this out of the way for this game rather than a knock out round in one of the european competitions.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I think it may help if each game, car parking didn't go on sale at the same date/time. I was in the queue for Spurs and Wolves car parking and I suspect that some were in the queue for Spurs and Wolves tickets as they were on sale for A+ from 9am too. So not only were people queuing for West Ham Away tickets but for those too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Overkill whether intentional or not. Failing to take any action at all previously when a clear and obvious issue for some of the most important games was rasied, followed by chucking a load of hurdles for west ham away for Tier 1 is a really daft sequence of events and not in keeping with a well run club. Small steps, small improvements, the right direction of travel - i.e. clear the baskets between tiers to avoid the 'trick' used to give certain people and advantage, easy. If going on sale to a tier band that will exceed the available tickets then introduce a queue system. Clear, obvious, straight forward.

I find it astonishing that anyone thought the measures introduced would have anything other than a negative impact on those purchasing tickets - it was extraordinary.

Thankfully they got this out of the way for this game rather than a knock out round in one of the european competitions.
Neither you nor I have any idea of the options available to the club's ticketing team nor the limitations and restrictions imposed by the ticketing system they are currently working with.

Despite this lack of knowledge you seem to believe the task is simple and people have intentionally made things more awkward for fans, whereas I believe there are a team of people working hard to deliver the best possible process within the confines of what they are able to readily change.

I've tried to explain, so I'll leave you to your outrage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports