Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Brom sack Bilic.....

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The Times now reporting it as confirmed, but when I started typing this post there was still nothing on the WBA website or twitter feed.

[tweet]1339175972080410630[/tweet]

I would be devastated if I was a WBA fan today.

Sacking a good man who was doing a decent job with really limited tools and replacing him with that CJTC. They've had Hodgson, Pulis and Pardew in recent years and now Allardyce. You have to feel for them.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
West Brom manager Slaven Bilic has been sacked after 18 months in charge, with the club 19th in the Premier League.

Confirmed on the BBC.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Sacking a good man who was doing a decent job with really limited tools and replacing him with that CJTC. They've had Hodgson, Pulis and Pardew in recent years and now Allardyce. You have to feel for them.

Been on the cards since they sold Hegazi (day before our game). Once you openly (and correctly) criticize your boss, you're a dead man walking. They were just waiting until they could get Mr. Pints of Wine in.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Feel for WBA fans, good manager. wouldn't wish SA on many.
I doubt Eddie Howe would be interested, he's probably hanging out for GP's job :lolol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Feel for WBA fans, good manager. wouldn't with SA on many.
I doubt Eddie Howe would be interested, he's probably hanging out for GP's job :lolol:
Oh I dont know, I think a lot of managers would consider WBA an attractive appointment. Bigger fish than us IMHO.

How's Tony Pulis getting along?

He's in his first few weeks of management at a new club I think. You already decided he's totally failed then? No great fan of Pulis but a bit harsh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Agreed I really wouldn't be happy, at all.
If nothing else Bilic and Dicks in the tech area was gloriously psychotic.

I'd love to predict the FACT this is one step too far for Sam.
But as that's my go too move for Bruce and Hodgson it's probably best I don't go large on Big Sam finally losing his footballing reputation.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Agreed I really wouldn't be happy, at all.
If nothing else Biopic and Dicks in the tech area was gloriously psychotic.

I'd love to predict the FACT this is one step too far for Sam.
But as that's my go too move for Bruce and Hodgson it's probably best I don't go large on Big Sam finally losing his footballing reputation.

Incredibly, Bruce has never managed WBA either?!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's in his first few weeks of management at a new club I think. You already decided he's totally failed then? No great fan of Pulis but a bit harsh

He's been fantastic post Stoke...
Palace - fraud
West Brom - sacked
Middlesboro - sacked
Sheff Weds - watch this space

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's been fantastic post Stoke...
Palace - fraud
West Brom - sacked
Middlesboro - sacked
Sheff Weds - watch this space

Dinosaur as is Big Sam but if Big Sam goes to WBA I will be a little nervous. He has proved to be an excellent fire fighter, hopefully he is also now a dinosaur.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Statement now up on their website. https://www.wba.co.uk/news/club-statement-slaven-bilic

West Bromwich Albion have today parted company with Head Coach Slaven Bilić.

Assistant Coaches, Dean Računica and Danilo Butorović, and First Team Coach Julian Dicks have also left the club with immediate effect.

The Baggies are currently 19th in the Premier League table with seven points from 13 fixtures.

Albion would like to thank Slaven and his coaching staff for their efforts in achieving promotion last season and wishes them all well in the future.

The club will make no further comment at this time.​

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If I was a WBA fan I would feel sick at this sacking but whoever comes in and if they save The Baggies from the drop all will be forgotten.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

As a fan I get it, who wants dire negative hoof ball.

And luckily we have a fan chairman who also wants to enjoy what he watches.

But big Sam does make sense for many chairman. It's expensive in the championship and hard to get out of, the riches of the PL are hard won and easily lost and for most clubs they are businesses first and entertainers second.

Success and retaining their snouts in the trough by any means is the only yard stick, and fat Sam's record on avoiding relegation is so far 100%.

The WBA owners probably care nothing about style and just about retaining their slice of the pie and odds are big Sam has a greater chance of achieving that than Bilic.

Plain and simple hard reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here