[Football] West Brom sack Bilic.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well if Brom get Big Sam in that’s bad news for us.

People seem to underrate him still, which amazes me, but he has never been relegated. And all these relegation jobs he takes on, he always keeps them up.

He was relegated with Notts County after being appointed 16 Jan 97 with 21 games left.

Their record before his appointment:
P25 W5 D8 pts23
after
P21 W2 D6 pts12

I think he has taken on 3 jobs where the side was properly in a relegation dog fight; Blackburn, Sunderland & Palace.

I think there is a great 'Allardyce Mythology' at work. Delighted to see him make WBA his first PL relegation.

Last edited:

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Well if Brom get Big Sam in that’s bad news for us.

People seem to underrate him still, which amazes me, but he has never been relegated. And all these relegation jobs he takes on, he always keeps them up.

Yeah i agree - i would have said WBA were nailed certs for relegation but not now if Big Sam takes over - he'll get them organised and hard to beat

D

Deleted member 2719

I’m convinced one person runs 3/4 different accounts on here. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you or the other 2/3 posters I suspect are the same person post anything positive and you seem to turn threads about unrelated things into negative garbage about Potter/our players.

I could be wrong of course and there could just be 3 or 4 different monumental bellends.

I agree, we also have a few that gather in the bear pit, that switch accounts consistently.Worth blocking on the Harry button.:thumbsup:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Perhaps we will beat him to his signature? Save us going down wouldn't it?

Drops stink bomb and walks away.

Out of interest, can you still buy stink bombs?
The thought of one of them being trodden on in the school corridor causing such chaos and reaction makes me laugh out loud.

Such a small, powerful, yet devastating object.
And the beauty of a stink bomb being cracked open was that the culprit was rarely identified.

Happy memories!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Albion follower, maybe. Fan? I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have heard a rumour that a minority of BHA fans are serial brain-wrongs, and a minority of those feel compelled to regularly fly their personal flags of stupidity, mendacity and thundercuntery on NSC :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tim Sherwood on TS this morning said he would be open to talking to West Brom when it is confirmed Bilic has been sacked.

After he's finished shaving his bollocks, presumably?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Did you see their game last night?

Indeed. I thought they looked very very well organized.

It'll be seen as a Man City failure but in reality what I saw was one of the strongest defensive performances for a long time. Chap in the centre (can't remember the name), organizing the defence was outstanding, as was the goalie.

If they play like that for the rest of the season I'd be surprised if they went down. Would be terrible timing to sack Bilic off the back of that match, but It's probably going to happen. Because football is stupid.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Indeed. I thought they looked very very well organized.

It'll be seen as a Man City failure but in reality what I saw was one of the strongest defensive performances for a long time. Chap in the centre (can't remember the name), organizing the defence was outstanding, as was the goalie.

If they play like that for the rest of the season I'd be surprised if they went down. Would be terrible timing to sack Bilic off the back of that match, but It's probably going to happen. Because football is stupid.

outstanding goalie you say? I think Fulhams keeper was good at the weekend, which is the new normal in the PL. ie makes a few saves and instills confidence in his defense.

FWIW I don't think BIllic should be sacked, he needs backing and a few players in Jan. like he was promised/said he needed, but didnt get in September

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He was relegated with Notts County after being appointed 16 Jan 97 with 21 games left.

Their record before his appointment:
P25 W5 D8 pts23
after
P21 W2 D6 pts12

I think he has taken on 3 jobs where the side was properly in a relegation dog fight; Blackburn, Sunderland & Palace.

I think there is a great 'Allardyce Mythology' at work. Delighted to see him make WBA his first PL relegation.

Wasn't there also a team he managed heading for relegation that he quit/was fired from a week or two before they were mathematically confirmed as down?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Times now reporting it as confirmed, but when I started typing this post there was still nothing on the WBA website or twitter feed.

[tweet]1339175972080410630[/tweet]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Him getting sacked probably got very little to do with the performance last night, but very much to do with the sudden availability of Sam Allardyce. Will be interesting to see what he can do, obviously he has a great record but this will be one of his hardest challenges and a lot has happened over the few years he's been out.

No one knows if the old stagers like Big Sam will work but with the likes of wily old hands such as Bruce and Hodgson doing well enough, I can't be the only one a bit more nervous today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports