Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Were palace injury hit?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
No, he is a Brighton fan.
Someone should probably tell him that then.

1000016005.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Games have been brought back to 3-3 before (I'm not saying this one would've been) and he would be highly criticised for not playing their best player.
A manager can only act on the medical team's advice.
Quite. We've come back from 3-0 down to beat Leicester 4-3. Other teams have made similar comebacks and had similar turnarounds in performance from one half to the next. It was only last week that we conceded two goals in three minutes v Luton, two of the three goals we scored v palace were within minutes of each other. There was always the possibility that Palace (or any team 3-0 at half time) could turn it around, regardless of how well they played in the first half.

If you think that is ridiculous, I would remind you that it was something that could have happened even without him. They were close to a second before our 4th. If they had got their second and we'd been pulled back to 3-2 you can imagine how nervy things would have gotten, how much of a lift that would have given them? Is it really ridiculous to think you improve the chances of this happening by putting on your talisman and star player?

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The commentators on the NBC broadcast kept banging on about Palace missing Eze and Olise (even though one of them was actually on the bench) and I don't remember them once mentioning that Albion were without the likes of Mitoma, Adingra, March, Enciso, Veltman etc. Disappointing, particularly when the co-commentator was former Albion player Matt Upson. However, I guess it's a function of the fact that those two players are so huge to Palace that when they are missing Palace are in serious trouble whereas Albion genuinely are a team with options (albeit a team that contains some extremely talented individuals).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eze and Olise are by far their two best players. Everything revolves around them, and without them they’ve zero creativity. So IMO, yes they are massively affected by injury. We have more injuries but the difference with us is that we have better reinforcements and more flexibility, as under the RDZ system everyone knows the roles and (to some degree) can fill in the roles as needed.

That's all true and the point is how it's reported. Their side are less injury hit than ours and many other sides in the PL. Everyone gets some injuries, Palace have got relatively few. They're not hit by injuries, they're hit by a lack of squad depth and planning.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The commentators on the NBC broadcast kept banging on about Palace missing Eze and Olise (even though one of them was actually on the bench) and I don't remember them once mentioning that Albion were without the likes of Mitoma, Adingra, March, Enciso, Veltman etc. Disappointing, particularly when the co-commentator was former Albion player Matt Upson. However, I guess it's a function of the fact that those two players are so huge to Palace that when they are missing Palace are in serious trouble whereas Albion genuinely are a team with options (albeit a team that contains some extremely talented individuals).
That's easy to say off the back of a fine win. At the final whistle on Tuesday night it didn't feel as though all our 'options' had us NOT missing Mitoma, March and Co.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That's easy to say off the back of a fine win. At the final whistle on Tuesday night it didn't feel as though all our 'options' had us NOT missing Mitoma, March and Co.
Well, we had a very decent 4-2 win at home to Spurs without those players, and we had a pretty full squad available to us when we got hammered 5-1 at home by Everton last season and 6-1 at Villa Park this. We seem to be perfectly capable of putting in a "Luton" performance even when everyone IS available.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think dadams2K etc was referring to the quoted passage by Scott McCarthy.

But dadams clearly quotes Happy's post about Ed Aarons

Oh! My apologies to dadams2k if so!
No need, you were right. dadams presumably got confused and read the 90min.com article, and then quoted your post about the article the OP linked to

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here