Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Were palace injury hit?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, it’s on anyone but, well according to him it is anyway. As a LEADER (on over £500k a MONTH) he’s paid to LEAD not throw the little man under the bus. You think his ‘team’ want to work for him now? Publicly you take the wrap, privately you deal with it. But he’s no leader, he’s a self-serving merchant who is so over the hill he’s digging a tunnel, I’ve worked for people like him in enterprises, arsehole.
Did notice he was over-keen to pass the buck to the medical team

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Ed Aarons, who wrote that, is a Palace fan. That may or may not be relevant.

No, he is a Brighton fan.

'browsing for bargains in an antiques shop in North Laine'

'what both sets of supporters hate being called the M23 Derby'

'All those millions banked in broadcast money and still Selhurst Park resembles something from a Charles Dickens novel.'

'Steve Parish and his fellow Palace owners...panicked at the first sign of trouble'

'Making it up as you go along as no way to run a football club.'

'While Brighton fans have spent this season flying out to Marseille, Amsterdam and Athens to watch their team make Europa League football look easy, Palace have wasted a campaign by keeping a 76-year-old in charge'

'Eagles supporters spend their spare hours making banners bemoaning their owners and Hodgson to hold up at the Emirates Stadium and the Amex, at the same time as Brighton fans sip red wine, eat cake and enjoy gyros on the continent'.

'11 seasons of sheer mediocrity would be enough to drive most football fans mad, even without the Seagulls soaring'.

OK, own up, who wrote that? It was definitely a brighton supporter, a local and I suspect someone on here!
Well done.

Yes, a Brighton fan.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205_134941_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205_134941_Chrome.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 32

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

'All those millions banked in broadcast money and still Selhurst Park resembles something from a Charles Dickens novel.'

'Steve Parish and his fellow Palace owners...panicked at the first sign of trouble'

'While Brighton fans have spent this season flying out to Marseille, Amsterdam and Athens to watch their team make Europa League football look easy, Palace have wasted a campaign by keeping a 76-year-old in charge'

'Eagles supporters spend their spare hours making banners bemoaning their owners and Hodgson to hold up at the Emirates Stadium and the Amex, at the same time as Brighton fans sip red wine, eat cake and enjoy gyros on the continent'.

'11 seasons of sheer mediocrity would be enough to drive most football fans mad, even without the Seagulls soaring'.

OK, own up, who wrote that? It was definitely a brighton supporter, a local and I suspect someone on here!
Well done.
He used to, and is one of the We are Brighton contributors.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Well done.
It was written by an Albion fan.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Olise may have been on the bench but he wasn't considered fit enough to play the full ninety, and he only lasted eight minutes on the pitch. Idiotic gamble with the game more or less already lost. That one's on Hodgson
And the medical team Tom if he only lasted 8 minutes surely ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
All those millions banked in broadcast money and still Selhurst Park resembles something from a Charles Dickens novel.'

Bleak House?
Albion fans have Great Expectations.

"...Eagles supporters spend their spare hours making banners bemoaning their owners and Hodgson to hold up at the Emirates Stadium and the Amex, at the same time as Brighton fans sip red wine, eat cake and enjoy gyros on the continent."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yup, but the game was all but gone. Why risk the player unduly? And as noted in post #21 Woy was only too keen to pass the buck to the medical team
Games have been brought back to 3-3 before (I'm not saying this one would've been) and he would be highly criticised for not playing their best player.
A manager can only act on the medical team's advice.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I think that it's fair to say that their team was 'injury hit' as they were hit with injuries to both Guehi and Olise during the game. Their squad was missing Eze and Doucoure, but was bolstered by the arrival of the two new signings that made them the league's biggest spenders in this transfer window. They started the game with only four squad absences which puts them close to the bottom of the 'how many players do you have missing?' table. We had six out. The in-game injuries now put them mid table: https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php.
So what we're saying is that yes, starting a game with two players missing counts as injury hit in your 11th season in the premier league(and the billion+ pounds that comes with it) IF you're a shambles of a club with a joke in the boardroom, a joke in the dugout and a bunch of jokes in the stand?
The point I tried to make earlier, unsuccessfully it seems, is that it's not the number of players out, it's their importance to the team that counts. I was confident of beating Palace before the game but once I reached the ground and learnt that Eze and Olise were out, I was even more convinced we'd win. When Guehi went off, that was that. All over.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
No, it’s on anyone but, well according to him it is anyway. As a LEADER (on over £500k a MONTH) he’s paid to LEAD not throw the little man under the bus. You think his ‘team’ want to work for him now? Publicly you take the wrap, privately you deal with it. But he’s no leader, he’s a self-serving merchant who is so over the hill he’s digging a tunnel, I’ve worked for people like him in enterprises, arsehole.
That's ridiculously harsh. There is no way he would have played Olise if he'd been told he was at serious risk. He wouldn't even have been on the bench. It seems pretty obvious that he was following advice.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ed Aarons, who wrote that, is a Palace fan. That may or may not be relevant.
Yep – and the 90 mins one was written by an Albion fan. Which is probably why so many people here like it!

I'm sure it was referenced the other day (but I only just read it now) because the 'Joachim Andersen and Dean Henderson had to be pulled away by Palace assistant boss Paddy McCarthy' bit has been edited... ???

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just asking because in the Guardians talking point from the game they say this:

The German was instrumental in the 4-1 thrashing of Roy Hodgson’s injury-hit side as Brighton ended their goalscoring drought in fine style

I thought they were missing Doucore and Eze with Olise on the bench?

How can a team in their 11th season in the premier league missing two players be described as injury hit? Who else were they missing?

It's not like they were missing Veltman, Milner, Mitoma, Adingra, March, Enciso with Fati only fit enough for the bench and Pedro being passed fit on the day of the game. Which, incidently is our smallest unavailable player list for months.

It's almost like Palace are an absolute shambles on and off the pitch...
Olise was available for 10 minutes and could be deemed as injured?, their best defender Guehi also limped off, so of 2 best players, they only got 10 minutes, best defender they didn't get full 90 and Doucoure too.

No excuses, we'd still have won imho, the 2 key missing players are decent offensively, they don't add much to the parked bus, that we got through 4x.

Why Henderson over Johnstone?

He's completely shit.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The point I tried to make earlier, unsuccessfully it seems, is that it's not the number of players out, it's their importance to the team that counts. I was confident of beating Palace before the game but once I reached the ground and learnt that Eze and Olise were out, I was even more convinced we'd win. When Guehi went off, that was that. All over.
Oh no, you made your point perfectly well.

I just started this thread to take the piss out of palace and highlight what a shambles they are that this deep into their premier league life their squad can't cope with 2-4 injuries because it is sufficiently imbalanced that they rely far too heavily on those players.

We have essentially made the same point, the difference being you made it fairly and reasonably while I have taken childish glee in mocking them for their uselessness.:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well done.
Well, it says 'by Scott McCarthy' on the article, so I'd guess it was Scott McCarthy (off of WeAreBrighton and that). Scott used to post here as @Scotty Mac but not any more, I don't think.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Rumours that Guehi will miss most of the rest of the season. Bad news for him, them and their survival prospects.

Could be good for Dunk's England prospects on the other hand. We just need Maguire to lose his photos of Gareth in a compromising position.

Olise may have been on the bench but he wasn't considered fit enough to play the full ninety, and he only lasted eight minutes on the pitch. Idiotic gamble with the game more or less already lost. That one's on Hodgson
Surely on the Palace medical team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here