Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're on Sky again.. Burnley home

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Leeds chairman called it spot on. You can only piss the loyal punters off SO far.in pursuit of telly money before you're playing to an empty ground.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do we have any Saturday 3pm Kick offs left this season?

One. Which is against Derby, which means we'll probably get royally DICKED with that one too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Leeds chairman called it spot on. You can only piss the loyal punters off SO far.in pursuit of telly money before you're playing to an empty ground.

Don't get this. The club gets money from, what, 22k season ticket holders and that's before anyone else.

If fans don't like it, the ONLY way to put a stop to it is boycott Sky - that really would have an effect. But playing to half empty grounds will make no difference

el punal

A demi - FFS from me! Three friends of mine are going, and I've bought the tickets on the STRICT understanding that it had to be a Saturday kick-off, so not a complete disaster then. I am, however, getting mightily p***ed off with the number of Albion matches that have been rescheduled from the original fixture list. I reckon we are well into double figures now . . . . and we're not even in the Premier League - yet! :rant:

Pathetic really, the way the club just has to roll over and all 25K STH and visiting fans and and anybody with pre-booked travel plans just have to suck it up. Moral of the story seems to be to ditch any kind of forward planning and just buy single match tickets at the last moment when the game can't be moved. Can't think of any other single business sector other than the privatised railways that would dare treat its paying punters with such a level of disdain.

SASTA ... Seagulls are sorry to announce ...? Sky are sorry to announce ...?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't get this. The club gets money from, what, 22k season ticket holders and that's before anyone else.

If fans don't like it, the ONLY way to put a stop to it is boycott Sky - that really would have an effect. But playing to half empty grounds will make no difference

Sorry, but the most direct route IMHO would be to boycott the club and #bemoreleeds. Seems to me the post-SKY future will be pay per view live feeds, with money going directly to the club via a souped-up Seagulls Player. not rocket science, and a damn sight fairer to existing fans.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One. Which is against Derby, which means we'll probably get royally DICKED with that one too.

And no end of season disco, oh the price of being a good team these days

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah @mrblobby thought that might be the case. The day was designated a "family day" so they could only play with the KO time as opposed to the date.

That will have nothing to do with it. If Sky wanted it to be Friday night it would have been.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry, but the most direct route IMHO would be to boycott the club and #bemoreleeds.

Wouldn't make a difference: club pockets season ticket money anyway - it loses out a bit on catering but the club only gets a small amount of that. And I wouldn't have thought many from Burnley would be that affected, most would have guessed it was going to be moved and probably made a weekend of it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really wish it was Leeds on Sky all the time instead of us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
30th April fixtures...

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 16.35.06.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wouldn't make a difference: club pockets season ticket money anyway - it loses out a bit on catering but the club only gets a small amount of that. And I wouldn't have thought many from Burnley would be that affected, most would have guessed it was going to be moved and probably made a weekend of it

Yeah, well maybe the club shouldn't take that season ticket money so much for granted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here