Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well said Andy Naylor

he did also point out that over the xmas period we only had the watford game at home so not loads of games to pay out for leading up to the newcastle game which ticket prices were the same as a championship game to watch a prem team

so the £200 plus spent on blackburn and ipswich didn't count,SUPER THE WIFE WILL BE PLEASED, I COULD HAVE AFFORDED ANOTHER £100 FOR NEWCASTLE AFTER ALL:mad:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
There are some prize plums who slobber with joy at getting the attention their feigned bitterness on occasion commands. One has to train oneself to either not be provoked, which is not easy to do on the hungover morning of a defeat, or just press the ignore button itself, which i've grown to use these last few months. But i suppose one, and i am not the f***ing queen, has to accept that people with different views over Gus' reign voice their opinion. One might think they're grunts with lower IQs, and that may be right, but that doesn't mean they oughtn't be aired. I just hope they listen a bit too, as we snooty ones ought, but overall begin to enjoy what we're going through more than just look to arduously grate.
If they're determined not to be happy with it, then what can you do about it? Let them be miserable sods yelping in the moonlight to be noticed and patted, whilst smirking satisfactorily at the pleasure you feel that they never will.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Absolutely right Mr N. I hate those miseries who come on here spouting negativity... what sad souls they are never enjoying what they have

I have a yard stick.

If I was in a pub, would I want to join in a conversation with some of the doom merchants or Palace supporters on here?

If the answer in 'no' then they go on my Ignore List.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a load of crap. Why doesnt he concentrate on answering the questions we the fans want answers to e.g. what exactly is going on with Vicente.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Naylor's vented spleen opening line of, "One of my New Years resolutions is...." reminds me of people who start a sentence with, "I'm not a racist but....."

I also find it incredibly ironic, (not in the 10000 spoons when all you need is a knife type way, more a rain on your wedding day kind of way, I digress however), that a lot of the moaning on NSC emanates from a band of happy clappy anti-moaners who spend a lot of time moaning about the moaners?!?!

Moaning is an integral part of what being a fan is all about, a lot of it is pointless drivel and complete nonsense but it isn't necessarily about the football more about people offloading their weekly stress onto a subject they care passionately about, I think a lot of it is simply cathartic moaning just for the sake of it. Anyway whether you are a moaner or anti-moaner we still DONT know WHAT happened to the CUP FINAL money!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A journalist who recoils at the concept of criticism? What next...

Being positive is fine. Getting on a high horse because of it, when your job description requires critical analysis, is absolutely nonsensical.

This. I've stopped buying the Argus now. It is utter trash journalism. I reckon even HBnB could get a job there.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't know where he said it, but if he has said this then I have lost the little respect I had for the man.

Why is it if you doubt Gus, or say anything that isnt anything but praise, then you are labeled as a non being a supporter.

Naylor has his tongue so far up Gus' arse its scary.

Its hard enough with some posters on here, who would not have a bad word said against Gus or the Albion no matter what happened. So after a run of 5 games without a win, what is the point of trying to say anything after a win. You'd have no chance of getting a point across. All you would get is "we've won. What more do you want". Most of the apologists on here can only see the last game or two..... or of course 15 years ago.

Until the freak result at Ipswich, and a good win against Newcastles 3rd team, perfomances were poor and the results were poor throughtout most of November and December.

Maybe instead of trying to wind the fans up, Naylor should stop kissing Poyets backside and pull him up on a few points, like WHY he only beat the bottom sides at home, and if that means the better teams can play his system, does he not consider changing it? Or when Vincente was fit last season, why Gus only managed to win one game in 13, when the best player to wear the stripes started. Does this not suggest Poyet is incapable of picking a side around Vincente? Has he become to easy for other managers to play.

I would of thought a journalist, would be asking a few harder questions. But then can you really call Naylor a journalist. He's more of Gus' voicepiece at the moment.

Or maybe he's just sounding off to remind us all, that he and the Argus are still around.

Sounds like you might be one of the "small minority" that Andy is talking about ???

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Football is like any other form of entertainment people pay to go and see.

If you pay to go watch it and don't like the entertainment and service then complain/moan to your hearts content.

It's part of being a business.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
In many cases he is quite correct, of course. Football fans are, as a group, about as fickle as they come and it often doesn't take much for those prone to negativity to air their views.

However, in other regards, it's hard to imagine a man who is appears to be further distanced from fan culture and sentiment. I guess if you never had to pay to get into the Amex, you'd have no idea how to gauge what has largely been a well mannered and constructive discussion about ticket pricing concerns, both at the Albion and across football generally. To just dismiss it as moaning is arrogant and short-sighted.

and nor is he a fan that has been following the team for years through thick and thin and have it in their blood. All fans should have expectations and there will be highs and lows and moaning or expressing disappointment from time to time is a natural part of the life of a supporter.

Given his only association with the club is so he can do his job, I don't think he's got any right to criticise any of it's fans. Long may expressing a range of opinions last, it's what happens in the free world

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So at a time when everyone is struggling with money and it is generally recognised that the price to watch football in England is too high- Naylor is getting on his high horse to carry out a one man crusade against any Albion that that complains about prices.

The man is an absolute member who continually derides Albion fans as if he's better than us. He should be wary of who he's trying to sell papers too. The pillock.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So at a time when everyone is struggling with money and it is generally recognised that the price to watch football in England is too high- Naylor is getting on his high horse to carry out a one man crusade against any Albion that that complains about prices.

The man is an absolute member who continually derides Albion fans as if he's better than us. He should be wary of who he's trying to sell papers too. The pillock.

As I posted earlier, to be dismissing fans for raising the issue of ticket prices in the same week when the rest of the national media seems to be waking up to the problem seems a bit strange.

Camicus

Why dosnt he just get them banned from the Argus comments section or does he no longer read them like the rest of us as its all troll troll trolololol

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I want to be able to moan when I like and conversely do the same and heap praise when it is due.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
History shows it is those who complain who are the ones who make change happen.

There's a world of difference between complaining and moaning. The first is often constructive, the second is always destructive.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I want to be able to moan when I like and conversely do the same and heap praise when it is due.
this isn't aimed at you
As lOng as it's balanced out I think that's what Naylor & others are saying you can't come out and say sack poyet after the Watford defeat and a few other poor games then say nothing for weeks when we've gone 5 games without losing then pop up to revel in another defeat , it's like the Barnes haters they want him to fail and play rubbish so they can be proved right and say there you go I said he was crap,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here