Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well said Andy Naylor

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well said that man

"One of my new years resolutions is to turn a blind eye to the tiny minority of Albion supporters ,if you can call them that .
They know who they are the silence is deafening after a good result & performance .
They only emerge from their dungeons of doom following a bad result and below par display to spout forth on the comments section of the argus website ,across chatrooms and twitter .

Gus poyet Paul barber ,certain players even sometimes Tony Bloom ,become targets .
They moan about anything and everything from tactics and transfer policy to their recent beef ,ticket prices for the FA cup Newcastle game

Here here Mr Naylor :clap2:

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I agree about the doom-mongers who revel in things going wrong, but on the flipside we, as paying 'customers', are perfectly entitled to voice our opinion what the club does both on and off the pitch, good or bad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In many cases he is quite correct, of course. Football fans are, as a group, about as fickle as they come and it often doesn't take much for those prone to negativity to air their views.

However, in other regards, it's hard to imagine a man who is appears to be further distanced from fan culture and sentiment. I guess if you never had to pay to get into the Amex, you'd have no idea how to gauge what has largely been a well mannered and constructive discussion about ticket pricing concerns, both at the Albion and across football generally. To just dismiss it as moaning is arrogant and short-sighted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree with the sentiment. But unlike the fans, Naylor is in the luxurious position of getting paid to watch and write about the Albion, without really giving a shit how we get on. He's not a fan, so he will never feel the same frustrations about BHA than the punters.

Easy to be dispassionate about decisions and ticket prices when you're not really affected by them.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Absolutely right Mr N. I hate those miseries who come on here spouting negativity... what sad souls they are never enjoying what they have

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I agree with the sentiment. But unlike the fans, Naylor is in the luxurious position of getting paid to watch and write about the Albion, without really giving a shit how we get on. He's not a fan, so he will never feel the same frustrations about BHA than the punters.

Easy to be dispassionate about decisions and ticket prices when you're not really affected by them.

Here here +1

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Yep - well said indeed.
We have NOTHING to moan about.....get a sense of perspective FFS.
Look at where we were 5 years ago. Why do we need to get to the Prem before we are ready? I am quite happy in this Division challenging for the play-offs until we are good enough to gubb everyone EVERY week. We are making steady and great progress and Gus is learning all the time.....he knows what he wants and he is a winner. He will get us there.....in Gus we trust.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I agree about the doom-mongers who revel in things going wrong, but on the flipside we, as paying 'customers', are perfectly entitled to voice our opinion what the club does both on and off the pitch, good or bad.

He did also point out that over the Xmas period we only had the Watford game at home so not loads of games to pay out for leading up to the Newcastle game which ticket prices were the same as a championship game to watch a prem team

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
So no one is allowed to make ANY criticisms anymore? Seriously, I'm not a serial moaner and I was seriously pissed off after the Watford game so much so that I did question the players and the coaching staff's commitment and tactics. However, the last two results have been superb...again, however if I want to criticise the club for something I, as a lifelong supporter, feel have done wrong or badly then, Mr Naylor that's tough shit.

If supporters didnt question Greg Stanley, Bill Archer and David Belotti and just let what they wanted to happen, happen then we would have no club!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
In many cases he is quite correct, of course. Football fans are, as a group, about as fickle as they come and it often doesn't take much for those prone to negativity to air their views.

However, in other regards, it's hard to imagine a man who is appears to be further distanced from fan culture and sentiment. I guess if you never had to pay to get into the Amex, you'd have no idea how to gauge what has largely been a well mannered and constructive discussion about ticket pricing concerns, both at the Albion and across football generally. To just dismiss it as moaning is arrogant and short-sighted.

Absolutely spot on. Could not agree more.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Quite.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He has to toe the party line (bland press conferences, if he crosses it Barber will have the Argus out of the Amex in a blink of an eye.

I think what really riles him is that occasionally NSC gets an 'exclusive' or breaks news way before he does. :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, Naylor can go f*** himself with a rolled up copy of the shitty rag that he writes for.

He gets half his stories from here as proved by what he quotes, if he doesn't want to read what we have to say his "Journalistic" output will decrease substantially.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Well said that man

"One of my new years resolutions is to turn a blind eye to the tiny minority of Albion supporters ,if you can call them that .
They know who they are the silence is deafening after a good result & performance .
They only emerge from their dungeons of doom following a bad result and below par display to spout forth on the comments section of the argus website ,across chatrooms and twitter .

Gus poyet Paul barber ,certain players even sometimes Tony Bloom ,become targets .
They moan about anything and everything from tactics and transfer policy to their recent beef ,ticket prices for the FA cup Newcastle game

Here here Mr Naylor :clap2:

Inside everyone hides one desire

Outside no one would know

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'd be interested to know if these were his own thoughts or if they were put there by people at the club. If they're his own then I'd agree with Bozza on the 'out of touch' comment - which is quite worrying for a journalist that has to keep his audience interested. If it's from the club then we may be heading for another Gulls Eye type battle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here