Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Well done to the North Stand. I thought they they put a real shift in last night, loudest so far this season and generated a decent atmosphere.:clap:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Here we go...

I thought the total opposite. In WSU we were chanting "Shall we sing a song for you?" to the North Stand. WSU was constant singing in the 2nd half.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Depends where you sit as to which stands you can hear. If you are sat in a loud area like WSU central, you are unlikely to hear much from the North Stand, for example. And vice versa.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Couldn’t make the game last night so had to make do with the radio, thought the atmosphere sounded decent a little subdued at times but still good.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I couldn't hear a thing from where I was sitting

Where on earth were you sitting that you couldn't a thing? that would be impossible. It would be nice to have an acoustics expert's assesment on here because there is something strange happening where some stands can't hear other stands etc. or is it poor design? Any on here?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last night's atmosphere rating stand by stand:

West Stand Upper (where I sit) - normal suspects singing, occasional singers not joining in - 6/10
North - loud on 2 occasions, funny on one occasion. Tried to pick us up straight after the Ipswich goal. Pleasing lack of Palace song - 6/10
South - actually heard the South for the first time this season - 6/10
Ipswich fans - constant noise from 50 or 60 at the back. Much louder than Birmingham. 8/10
East stand - library, deserted by 85 minutes. 0/10

This post has been brought to you by the word occasion and the number 6.

*takes tongue out of cheek* *ducks and covers*

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Here we go...

I thought the total opposite. In WSU we were chanting "Shall we sing a song for you?" to the North Stand. WSU was constant singing in the 2nd half.

How about worrying about trying to get your own stand singing! Terrible effort. And the East well you may as just return it to a construction site! North bored of singing same old Palace shite. generally a shite night. Good effort from the South! it was that shit that someone shouted Buckleys name from the back of the North and he was half way down the touchline, heard it and waved at the bloke.........................

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How about worrying about trying to get your own stand singing! Terrible effort. And the East well you may as just return it to a construction site! North bored of singing same old Palace shite. generally a shite night. Good effort from the South! it was that shit that someone shouted Buckleys name from the back of the North and he was half way down the touchline, heard it and waved at the bloke.........................

What part of "WSU was CONSTANT singing in the 2nd half" didn't you catch?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

i saw that, was well funny. North was not up to scratch last night, not by a long way. Coming from the right side ;)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Things got better in the second half but all VERY quiet in the first half and pre match.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
personally i think the atmosphere was awful last night, the North stand was flat from the beginning, and only really started to make some noise towards the end of the game.

We tried our hardest to get songs started, but very few were actually making the effort.

I could hear the away fans!!!

And i am at the back of Block C in the north stand

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Here we go...

I'm starting to think that from the elevated position of the WSU, sound doesn't easily carry up to you. From my position in the Family stand, I heard a few songs belted out form the WSU, but not 'constant'. I thought it was a good atmosphere last night given the conditions and the performance. The North stand did create a fair amount as well I thought.

Of course, sound doesn't travel as well through rain does it....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here