Well done boro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Agree with some here. I don't think we where THAT bad bar some shocking set piece defending.

With our injuries meaning limited room for rotation and after two huge games fatigue was also going to be a factor.

Well played Boro but we are far from out of this. Proud of the lads. Bring on Brentford and let's go another 20 unbeaten UTA!

oneBoroDS

Dec 6, 2015
To all members of NWC can I firstly thank you for the gracious comments and opinions about how Boro played today and secondly an apology for the crass comments aimed at Brighton FC by one of our forum members who has received as much grief from our own members as your own.

Also like to thank Seagulls and North West Chant for participating on our forum, your input has been appreciated and you are always welcome to visit us from time to time should you wish.

As far as the win for Boro today yes we played well and our defence as a team was first class but having watched you guys for the last few weeks it did seem to be getting harder to get the results you wanted and that being unbeaten was beginning to become a heavy weight on your shoulders. Draws often can feel like a defeat and to be honest watching today the self belief from Brighton was simply not there.

Couple that with our record at The Amex and the winning run we have been on since loosing to Hull (Brum apart) it felt as if this indeed would be the day to be the first team to beat you guys. You have been superb all season and frankly I hope that now this monkey is off your back the club itself will know just what is needed to turn things around and push on from this point forward.

It was a great day for Boro and I mean that without being arrogant, goes to show what a scalp you have become.

We like your club, your fans, your set up and the way you treat your opponents, well done Brighton and the best of luck for the remainder of the season

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
To all members of NWC can I firstly thank you for the gracious comments and opinions about how Boro played today and secondly an apology for the crass comments aimed at Brighton FC by one of our forum members who has received as much grief from our own members as your own.

Also like to thank Seagulls and North West Chant for participating on our forum, your input has been appreciated and you are always welcome to visit us from time to time should you wish.

As far as the win for Boro today yes we played well and our defence as a team was first class but having watched you guys for the last few weeks it did seem to be getting harder to get the results you wanted and that being unbeaten was beginning to become a heavy weight on your shoulders. Draws often can feel like a defeat and to be honest watching today the self belief from Brighton was simply not there.

Couple that with our record at The Amex and the winning run we have been on since loosing to Hull (Brum apart) it felt as if this indeed would be the day to be the first team to beat you guys. You have been superb all season and frankly I hope that now this monkey is off your back the club itself will know just what is needed to turn things around and push on from this point forward.

It was a great day for Boro and I mean that without being arrogant, goes to show what a scalp you have become.

We like your club, your fans, your set up and the way you treat your opponents, well done Brighton and the best of luck for the remainder of the season

Good luck to you guys as well. Great support and top supporters.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

It is NSC you pillock!

Seagulls :wink:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
From a view of all sides, hardly anyone left. Maybe some had Christmas commitments to escape early for. You'd have had no idea what the final score was looking around the ground.

Serious question now are you partially sighted ?
I apologise if you are, but **** me otherwise you are totally blind
or mentally ill .

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I guess there is a possibility I may have got this one wrong. Thanks for your kind words

Sorry my friend but I speak my mind , I really cannot think how you saw anything else ?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I missed the first 30 minutes but for the last hour they were excellent. Comfortably better than anyone we've played so far. At the beginning of the season we all thought that the two to beat would be Derby and Middlesbrough. We played Derby away last week and they were lucky to get a point out of the game. Today we were nowhere near getting a point. Being down to the proverbial bare bones and clearly being tired didn't help our cause but even at our best I think we would have struggled to get much out of Middlesbrough based on their performance today. Hope they go up automatically so we don't have to worry about them if we end up in the play offs.
They were equally excellent in the 30 mins you missed.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I have learnt my lesson and must " go back " to supporting my home town team !!

Prat !!

theboybilly

Good summary.
I'd say both reading and qpr looked more dangerous. Yes they were at home and could afford to be more expansive and attack minded.
Boro were set up well with a spot-on gameplan. Had experienced players throughout.
The difference is that they knew what to do with set pieces when both attacking and defending which is the diametrically opposite to us. We desperately need to come up with some ideas on how we might actually be a threat at corners as opposed to going through the motions.
At the other end we need to start thinking about where the ball is being delivered and actually defend the cross instead of manhandling the opponent. Corners whether defending or attacking have become a big problem for us

I can't really argue with that although both Reading and QPR were very reliant on just one player to get their goals. Albion should have had 6 points in the bag from these 3 games which is my only real disappointment, We showed we can compete and with a bit of luck this hard week might stand us in good stead later on.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They did a perfect job on us. Very hard to break down and clearly happy for us to play the ball around. Their keeper had one stop to make I reckon, and boy it was a blinder. No complaints, but equally I'm feeling positive (which is surprising after a 0-3 defeat.)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Some interesting views here.

It was also commented to me at half-time that "they were the best side we have played this season"...I countered that they were not by a long chalk. After grabbing a poorly defended early goal they basically sat everyone behind the ball...Until they ventured forward again to score the second.

But between the first 2 goals they were content to sit back and it was clear we were never ever going to break them down. Despite trying to take the game to them in the first half we had neither the craft nor the creativity to get in and give them any real problems...Couple this with their supreme organisation and tireless work-rate as they hassled us, gave us no time on the ball and basically bullied us, we had a real job done on us. We had no answers.

But it would seem Boro have learnt some lessons. I thought the best tactic would be to get at them after watching the Play-Off Final last season were Norwich tore into Middlesrbough and it was clear they did not want to know.

Now, this is not meant to be sour grapes as quite frankly they were much, much better than we were and fully deserve their win...I am still very disappointed...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

theboybilly

Some interesting views here.

It was also commented to me at half-time that "they were the best side we have played this season"...I countered that they were not by a long chalk. After grabbing a poorly defended early goal they basically sat everyone behind the ball...Until they ventured forward again to score the second.

But between the first 2 goals they were content to sit back and it was clear we were never ever going to break them down. Despite trying to take the game to them in the first half we had neither the craft nor the creativity to get in and give them any real problems...Couple this with their supreme organisation and tireless work-rate as they hassled us, gave us no time on the ball and basically bullied us, we had a real job done on us. We had no answers.

But it would seem Boro have learnt some lessons. I thought the best tactic would be to get at them after watching the Play-Off Final last season were Norwich tore into Middlesrbough and it was clear they did not want to know.

Now, this is not meant to be sour grapes as quite frankly they were much, much better than we were and fully deserve their win...I am still very disappointed...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

So who would you suggest was the 'best' away team at the Amex this season? (Genuine question) I can't think of one. An early goal helped them but from then on they didn't need to get out of 3rd gear. I (and those around me) thought that if an equaliser came Boro would just up the tempo again. Albion were obviously short of players but Boro could only beat what was in front of them and they did it convincingly enough for me. I cannot think of another side in this division that would have done that. Derby couldn't even do it at their place and QPR's spell when we were down to 10-men has skewed the view some have of the game on Tuesday when they were hanging on for dear life.

Dec 6, 2015
As a Boro fan, I have to say that was probably our best performance of the season. Sure, we didn't play the pretty intracute passing and didn't surge with waves of attacks; instead we got our early goal and shut up shop. From that point on there was no need to take risks and when ever we moved forward we'd plug the gaps and ensure we always retained our formation. Professional and polished.

In the minutes before the goal we spent time moving the ball around trying to pull your players out of position and it seemed to work with Adomah and then Kike finding space. Once Kike had put us in front all we had to do was remain solid and then look to counter and punish at set pieces. The game plan really was executed beautifully.

We're confident we can achieve one of those two auto-promotion places this season, especially when we've played all the top teams away, apart from Burnley and QPR. We've also beaten teams we usually lose to Forest away, Sheff Wed away, Ipswich away, Leeds at home & now we've beaten our main rivals away.

If some had told me we'd have ten points from Ipswich, Birmingham, Burnley and Brighton and only drop points to the least likely to challenge the top six then I'd have been over the moon. Next we have Blackburn, Shef Wed and Derby so if we can keep this run going we'll be in an awesome position for the rest of the season.

When we lost 3-0 to Hull it gave us the kick up the backside that we needed and we haven't conceded a goal since. I hope you can now do the same and go on another long unbeaten run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports