Well done boro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
:eek: whats going on here, did you expect to go the whole season without getting beat???

Fuc* me bitter pill

Not at all, just thought boro fans had a bit more class, Obviously not if you're anything to go by.

Now P!ss off out and enjoy your win you sad sack.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Strangely don't feel gutted, taken it on the chin and thought 'fair enough'. I was thoroughly pissed with our performance against QPR, but today it does feel like a noose around our neck has been loosened. But the injury list is definitely starting to screw us up.

You've summed it up for me, Nomad. I feel strangely relaxed having "got over it" very quickly and now look forward to injured players coming back and new faces in January to lift us back to the top. Bring it on!

smogmonsta

Banned
Dec 16, 2015
Not at all, just thought boro fans had a bit more class, Obviously not if you're anything to go by.

Now P!ss off out and enjoy your win you sad sack.

I have read through a lot of posts on this forum
The majority from lads who actually saw the game and appreciated what happened

But as the old saying goes "theres always one"

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
From a view of all sides, hardly anyone left. Maybe some had Christmas commitments to escape early for. You'd have had no idea what the final score was looking around the ground.

We were clearly at different games.

It was clear to anyone who goes regularly that people left earlier and in greater numbers than usual. If you believe it would have been the same had we been back in the game then I'm afraid you're kidding yourself.

Anyway you miss the point: we knew the score and outcome & we knew that the record breaking run had come to an end so even those that regularly leave early had good reason to pause. It warranted much more recognition than it got.

theboybilly

Boro were well disciplined, intelligent and resolute with their game plan. I can't see how anyone can say we were totally outplayed, outthought more like.But for some very poor defending that could easily finished 0-0, it wasn't as if it looked like they could score at will although their defence snuffed out any hopes of us looking like we might score.That said it'll be an exceptional side that finishes above them.

We were outplayed from the very first minute, Boro had a bloke protecting that back four and forcing Albion out wide where we are weaker with the current line-up. There's no shame in being beaten by such a good, well-drilled side. They will go up. I don't think we need to be too afraid of any other team in this division once we start getting players back from injury.
But Boro really are setting the pace now

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
They were certainly the best organised and most physically commanding side I've seen this season. Not sure if that equates to the best - I suppose it does. Most effective anyway if not exactly attractive.
Good summary.
I'd say both reading and qpr looked more dangerous. Yes they were at home and could afford to be more expansive and attack minded.
Boro were set up well with a spot-on gameplan. Had experienced players throughout.
The difference is that they knew what to do with set pieces when both attacking and defending which is the diametrically opposite to us. We desperately need to come up with some ideas on how we might actually be a threat at corners as opposed to going through the motions.
At the other end we need to start thinking about where the ball is being delivered and actually defend the cross instead of manhandling the opponent. Corners whether defending or attacking have become a big problem for us

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agreed about corners. Can't see us getting a great deal better though, certainly attack-wise. We just don't have a very big team. Apart from Greer, who was there to attack the ball today? Uwe is good but not physically imposing. Hemed is only average size for a centre forward and not amazing in the air. Bobby doesn't really seem to get on the end of corners much - more of a poacher. So that's about it. Not that surprising we struggle unless Dunk is playing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Boro were impressive for the whole game. I wouldn't fancy going there last game of the season needing three points to go up, even if they are up themselves by then.

Clayton is our loss and their gain.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good summary.
I'd say both reading and qpr looked more dangerous. Yes they were at home and could afford to be more expansive and attack minded.
Boro were set up well with a spot-on gameplan. Had experienced players throughout.
The difference is that they knew what to do with set pieces when both attacking and defending which is the diametrically opposite to us. We desperately need to come up with some ideas on how we might actually be a threat at corners as opposed to going through the motions.
At the other end we need to start thinking about where the ball is being delivered and actually defend the cross instead of manhandling the opponent. Corners whether defending or attacking have become a big problem for us

They scored with three headers, so your comment holds a lot of weight. But they are organised, and they beat us 0-3 at the Amex, so they have come with a bit of flair. They quite simply played our game, but a lot better. I didn't see huge gaps of quality between the teams but they were maybe 100% to our 98.5%, and those small margins cost us. But I have already said it countless times, our injury list is now becoming our achilles heal and we have no way to freshen the starting 11, they are picking themselves and they are quite literally f**ked come 90 mins, because the fresh bench legs are drying up.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Sorry but I don't think we were that bad. 2 shots on target in the first half, two goals. I agree they deserved to win - and really very organised indeed. But a lucky bounce of a ball here or murphy's shot going in, and it could have been a different game.

They had the option of rotating during the week, we didn't. That showed.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Talked to some Boro fans after the game.

They said they felt it was their best performance of the season.

Sodding typical they saved it for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports