Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done boro

smogmonsta

Banned
Dec 16, 2015
The Championship, and the Premier League have ripped up the rule book this season imo
Money spent, doesnt mean s***,
Vardy rules

Dec 6, 2015
Just remember you spent 5.5 mil on one player (3.5 on another etc etc). You spent about as much on Downing as we spent all Summer. You and Derby SHOULD be up there and in theory well clear of us...

True & it feels like that's what's happening and if that is the case it's money well spent; wouldn't you say?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
True & it feels like that's what's happening and if that is the case it's money well spent; wouldn't you say?

I would. Wish we'd got Clayton especially as he wanted to come to us over Boro :(

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Take the corners out of the game Murphy and Hemed take their chances it's a different game, the ball just wouldn't fall for us Saturday it's how we bounce back is what's important. We were never not going to lose a game and hopefully it came at the right time to give the boys some fight over the festive period.

Dec 6, 2015
Without sounding arrogant I feel this could be the start of The Boro pulling away and putting some distance between us and 2nd place, especially if the rumours about us signing Bamford in January are true. So I don't really think we need to fear you as such. Also if you're unbeaten then you're taking points off other rivals and all we is top 2.

So aye, I honestly do mean it.

I did mean it, looks like we've ruined your reason. I hope you can get back on track.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I did mean it, looks like we've ruined your reason. I hope you can get back on track.

Our problems have been caused by injuries, not by Middlesboro. Had you had between six and eight of your first team squad out for a month, you would be struggling too. They are coming back now and as their fitness does, so will our form.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our problems have been caused by injuries, not by Middlesboro. Had you had between six and eight of your first team squad out for a month, you would be struggling too. They are coming back now and as their fitness does, so will our form.

That excuse has worn and played out as we have had ample time to overcome the injuries.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That excuse has worn and played out as we have had ample time to overcome the injuries.

Oh that's alright then. I look forward to seeing Solly March playing on Saturday.

The point I was making was fairly obvious, but as you seem to need an explanation: When we played Boro we were missing Bong, Rosenior, March, Lua Lua and Baldock. Dunk was suspended & we lost Hunemier during the game. We subsequently lost Greer. Most of these players had already been missing for a few games, meaning that few changes could be made to the first eleven to rest any tired or out of form players. The game came after hard away games at Derby and QPR and this situation remained the same over a tough schedule of Christmas fixtures. My suggestion is that this situation was more of a contributing factor upon our side's struggle to get results than was any perceived confidence knock from losing to Boro as had been suggested by the previous poster; who, it must be said, as a 'Boro fan, could not really have been expected to have paid enough attention to our problems to have known this. Therefore I would, in no way suggest that he is wilfully ignorant and just posting the first childlike moan that comes into his head without considering the real world situation that prevents clubs from producing instant replacements for injured players disregarding squad size, budget, availability or the freedom of choice of potential replacements.

Our problem was the gutless performance against boro! We gave them 3 goals 0-0 would have been a great result:moo:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

No we haven't. It's only just this week that Baldock and Kaz have become available after a long lay-off, Bong and Rosenior are still out and Knockaert has only just turned up to replace March. We are still a shadow of the side that got us to the top of the league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Every side has injuries. Poor excuse.

You are quite right every side does have players out injured from time to time..however this varies in numbers and type....but then you know that ..surely? It may not be the only reason for our current loss of form but no doubt it played its part

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here