Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
ok , we aren't heading down the argumentative route here but you realise that people can't just migrate willy nilly around the planet and expect to be looked after by the tax payers of the world , many countries are currently tits up , a few are doing ok but me , for instance , i would love to go and live in Uruguay or Argentina ,but i know i can't .......IF i were to get to Argentina under my own steam, should i expect them to welcome me in , feed me , clothe me and find me a house and a school for my kids.....i think you'll have to agree the answer is no ......so why , when the country of Britain is pretty much fukked to bits , should we take endless asylum seekers and see that they are kept in a manor frankly above a level of living to what a hell of a lot of British people are existing at ..?

i trust you will take this question as it's meant.....it really is the fulcrum of the matter ......why us...really...?

Because we have an obligation to do just like all other western civilised countries

Your question is framed as though we don't have an obligation so it's just your misunderstanding

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Because we have an obligation to do just like all other western civilised countries

Your question is framed as though we don't have an obligation so it's just your misunderstanding

if we are obliged to take them why are they transported across the channel illegally by people smuggling syndicates having paid thousands of Euro for the privilege..?

misunderstanding ? , yes i fail to see why Syrian refugees who are a product of their own governments military action backed by a third party are our obligation.

if we are talking about affording it or not the surely Saudi and the other Emirate states could do a shed load more in the way of taking refugees , much closer geographically and culturally ..?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What happened about the Dublin agreement, was it rolled over in the end?

If not I think its time for the likes of Ppf to clear out the spare room

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
if we are obliged to take them why are they transported across the channel illegally by people smuggling syndicates having paid thousands of Euro for the privilege..?

misunderstanding ? , yes i fail to see why Syrian refugees who are a product of their own governments military action backed by a third party are our obligation.

if we are talking about affording it or not the surely Saudi and the other Emirate states could do a shed load more in the way of taking refugees , much closer geographically and culturally ..?

because we're an island

You should be happy we helped people and if others didn't shame on them, we are the better person

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
because we're an island

You should be happy we helped people and if others didn't shame on them, we are the better person
yes , yes , yes ...no doubt we are the better persons but what is the end result ..? what do you expect for Britain when all these people are released into the broader community and then start proceedings to bring their loved ones over as well..?

do you see them fitting in and getting on with migrant communities already well established or do you perhaps envisage a few hiccups...?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
yes , yes , yes ...no doubt we are the better persons but what is the end result ..? what do you expect for Britain when all these people are released into the broader community and then start proceedings to bring their loved ones over as well..?

do you see them fitting in and getting on with migrant communities already well established or do you perhaps envisage a few hiccups...?

What’s all this “we”? You don’t live here.

I’m sorry you’ve all misunderstood what Britain is and who it’s obligations are. Let’s not dress it up, it’s the usual racists.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What’s all this “we”? You don’t live here.

I’m sorry you’ve all misunderstood what Britain is and who it’s obligations are. Let’s not dress it up, it’s the usual racists.

the reason i ask clampy is because in Australia there is constant friction between Turks and Greeks , Serbs and Croats , Somalians and Sudanese ....to me it's a fair enough question seeing as WE are 25 million living on an Island which is 80% the size of Europe in its entirety and YOU are 64 million living on a small Island in northern Europe ....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
the reason i ask clampy is because in Australia there is constant friction between Turks and Greeks , Serbs and Croats , Somalians and Sudanese ....to me it's a fair enough question seeing as WE are 25 million living on an Island which is 80% the size of Europe in its entirety and YOU are 64 million living on a small Island in northern Europe ....

All these people won’t be “released” into the community. Very few will. It’s not the problem you perceive it to be. Just a few people who cannot handle change.
Ironic, considering Australia’s history.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
All these people won’t be “released” into the community. Very few will. It’s not the problem you perceive it to be. Just a few people who cannot handle change.
Ironic, considering Australia’s history.

ok old chap ....flogging a dead horse here as usual , i have a client who has family in the Hayes , Uxbridge , West Drayton area ......the place has , what he describes as a liberal minded ,52 yr old computer code writer " a massive problem " with a certain kind of immigrant but i guess it's all fine as they won't be released into the community .....:mad: ta ta....:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
ok old chap ....flogging a dead horse here as usual , i have a client who has family in the Hayes , Uxbridge , West Drayton area ......the place has , what he describes as a liberal minded ,52 yr old computer code writer " a massive problem " with a certain kind of immigrant but i guess it's all fine as they won't be released into the community .....:mad: ta ta....:thumbsup:

There will always be examples of people who don't like it. Using the family of a client that I haven't met and will never meet is not a great argument. But we know ho a few of you on here feel about immigrants and I doubt I will change anyone's mind. I will say, I am surprised that you as an immigrant are so against immigration. It's okay for you to look for a better life for yourself but not okay for others. Very odd.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There will always be examples of people who don't like it. Using the family of a client that I haven't met and will never meet is not a great argument. But we know ho a few of you on here feel about immigrants and I doubt I will change anyone's mind. I will say, I am surprised that you as an immigrant are so against immigration. It's okay for you to look for a better life for yourself but not okay for others. Very odd.

it cost me a lot of money to immigrate through the correct channels , i have never taken one cent of welfare since arriving here ....i'm not against controlled immigration at all but then i'd hardly call what is happening in the UK and what will probably continue for another 3 or 4 years at least controlled. If i were looking for a better life for myself i would find a country where my customs and religion were mainstream , i doubt i would trudge across Europe and then wait in France for some crim to take 5k Euro off me and throw me in a dinghy.

the world has changed an awful lot in the last 35 years .....not even you could argue with that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
it cost me a lot of money to immigrate through the correct channels , i have never taken one cent of welfare since arriving here ....i'm not against controlled immigration at all but then i'd hardly call what is happening in the UK and what will probably continue for another 3 or 4 years at least controlled. If i were looking for a better life for myself i would find a country where my customs and religion were mainstream , i doubt i would trudge across Europe and then wait in France for some crim to take 5k Euro off me and throw me in a dinghy.

the world has changed an awful lot in the last 35 years .....not even you could argue with that.

You're not fleeing war and persecution though, are you?

And when I say better life, I mean a place where your wife and daughters aren't being gang raped by militia and you're not being forced to fight your neighbours or being detained indefinitely and tortured.

For someone who claims to be a man of the world, you're exceptionally naive. I get the impression you have mainly been to white, touristy areas of the world.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008

And when I say better life, I mean a place where your wife and daughters aren't being gang raped by militia and you're not being forced to fight your neighbours or being detained indefinitely and tortured.

For someone who claims to be a man of the world, you're exceptionally naive. I get the impression you have mainly been to white, touristy areas of the world.

Says someone who supports positive discrimination
Regards
DF

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

don't waste your impressions on me kid , there are not that many Palestinian or Lebanese migrants in the UK and Israel has been kicking the shit out of them for 60 years if you want bulk refugees then i hope it works out well for you . hmmm gang rapes ....ring any bells. Rotherham , Telford...?

you need to have a look around your own country mate before you prattle on about naivety.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
don't waste your impressions on me kid , there are not that many Palestinian or Lebanese migrants in the UK and Israel has been kicking the shit out of them for 60 years if you want bulk refugees then i hope it works out well for you . hmmm gang rapes ....ring any bells. Rotherham , Telford...?

you need to have a look around your own country mate before you prattle on about naivety.

I don't think you and I will ever agree on such matters but I appreciate that you actually address questions and engage on an adult level. Many on these types of threads seem incapable of such basic skills.

I am not naive enough to think that some immigrants cause problems. serious problems sometimes. However, I have never advocated "mass immigration" and never will but...but I do not think we need tar all asylum seekers with the same brush. Many desperately need help and we signed up to offer that help. I support that.

The problem with those less tolerant of immigration is that the minute the word immigrant is mentioned, they think the worst and see it as an opportunity to spout their thinly veiled racism/xenophobia. Or overt racism in the case of Das Reich. It's the last acceptable face of racism. The reason so many people "cry racism" is because so many people are racist.

If you dropped the insults, you'd be getting towards a reasonable person.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't think you and I will ever agree on such matters but I appreciate that you actually address questions and engage on an adult level. Many on these types of threads seem incapable of such basic skills.

I am not naive enough to think that some immigrants cause problems. serious problems sometimes. However, I have never advocated "mass immigration" and never will but...but I do not think we need tar all asylum seekers with the same brush. Many desperately need help and we signed up to offer that help. I support that.

The problem with those less tolerant of immigration is that the minute the word immigrant is mentioned, they think the worst and see it as an opportunity to spout their thinly veiled racism/xenophobia. Or overt racism in the case of Das Reich. It's the last acceptable face of racism. The reason so many people "cry racism" is because so many people are racist.

If you dropped the insults, you'd be getting towards a reasonable person.

ok sausage ......night night ....:cheers: agree most are genuine , some a far from it and cause serious agro with their activities .....lets leave it there :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
ok sausage ......night night ....:cheers: agree most are genuine , some a far from it and cause serious agro with their activities .....lets leave it there :thumbsup:

Indeed. Chinese tonight. They can stay.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

White privelege

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
White privelege

Exactly.
It also cost the refugees a lot of money too. And lives in some cases. But his is good English money so he should get priority over people fleeing for their lives?
Why? Well because a tiny minority of them are criminals. As opposed to all the English that went to Austral...oh.

And absolutely staggering arrogance in condemning immigrants. He is one!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here