Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome faces on the tellybox

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
I have been mulling this over for a while and, after watching Q.I. from Friday night, I can confirm that I have fallen madly in lust with Sarah Millican.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
What are you getting Alan? a panic attack

My favourite one is possibly the ex sas guy and the wookie hole story

FORCED CELEBRITY BREEDING

(radio caller )
" I'd go for Stephen hawking & Pamela Anderson so you could create a beautiful genius
(Alan partridge )
"or a disabled lifeguard "

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I fully agree with David Mitchell. Intelligent, witty and strangely reassuring. Seems like a genuinely nice chap too, by all accounts. And his Guardian column is always excellent.

In a similar vein is Charlie Brooker, although his scathing outlook makes him somewhat less reassuring. However he is an incredibly funny and clever chap who only ever seems to lend his name to TV output of the highest quality (even if 10 o'clock Live was a bit of a mess beyond him and Mitchell).

The Miranda Hart thing I can't agree with however. Every time I see a trailer for her show I am left astounded at how painfully formulaic and dated it looks. In EVERY scene she's making a tit of herself falling over. Seriously, how many times can be falling over be funny? Didn't Norman Wisdom do "falling over is funny" to death about 40 years ago?

I know Rob Brydon is funny, and he's usually on shows I enjoy, but I just find him objectionable somehow. Even though I know he puts on a character as part of his act, and we're meant to laugh at him, I still just find him annoying

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I fully agree with David Mitchell. Intelligent, witty and strangely reassuring. Seems like a genuinely nice chap too, by all accounts. And his Guardian column is always excellent.

In a similar vein is Charlie Brooker, although his scathing outlook makes him somewhat less reassuring. However he is an incredibly funny and clever chap who only ever seems to lend his name to TV output of the highest quality (even if 10 o'clock Live was a bit of a mess beyond him and Mitchell).

The Miranda Hart thing I can't agree with however. Every time I see a trailer for her show I am left astounded at how painfully formulaic and dated it looks. In EVERY scene she's making a tit of herself falling over. Seriously, how many times can be falling over be funny? Didn't Norman Wisdom do "falling over is funny" to death about 40 years ago?

I know Rob Brydon is funny, and he's usually on shows I enjoy, but I just find him objectionable somehow. Even though I know he puts on a character as part of his act, and we're meant to laugh at him, I still just find him annoying

Can't stand Charlie Brooker's column. It's snide, snobbish and preaches to the choir. The only people who'll ever be convinced by a Charlie Brooker column are Charlie Brooker fans.

Back to the telly though. I know it's essentially one gag but I am always reassured and entertained by Al Murray's pub landlord and Stephen Fry on QI and Paul Merton on HIGNFY would be my other two favourites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here