Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome faces on the tellybox

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't really like either of them to be honest, the most unfunniest person is John Bishop in my view - awful

John Bishop is plain dreary verging on annoying.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ahh ahhhhh Alan Partridge should get a new series commissioned he's lost on Norfolk Digital

He did on Sky Atlantic recently and to be honest I think Partridge should be toast by now, run its course

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He did on Sky Atlantic recently and to be honest I think Partridge should be toast by now, run its course

I thought that until I watche Mid-Morning Matters. Just genius. AP is my dfault hangover viewing, always makes me smile. John Bishop is unbelievably unfunny. Like most scousers he believs just being from Liverpool makes you automatically funny. It certainly makes you something.
I have a strange crush on Miranda. Odd because she is undoubtedly a f***ing bohemoth, but I would, I don't know why.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I actually find Miranda Hart quite funny now, very inoffensive humour but very funny

I watched one of her sketch shows a year or so ago and wasn't overly impressed but I have seen her on a couple of chat shows recently and she has been hilarious; especially when she was with Arnie and Ronnie Corbett. I might revisit her sketch shows.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought that until I watche Mid-Morning Matters. Just genius. AP is my dfault hangover viewing, always makes me smile. John Bishop is unbelievably unfunny. Like most scousers he believs just being from Liverpool makes you automatically funny. It certainly makes you something.
I have a strange crush on Miranda. Odd because she is undoubtedly a f***ing bohemoth, but I would, I don't know why.

Thought I would give Bishop one last chance on Who Do You Think You Are and it was anal dirge of the highest order.

Eddie Izzard is comedy genius he really is exceptionally funny and very versatile.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Each to there own.
I find McIntyre the unfunniest man out there. Just an arse. He surpassed himself on Ross this week. Acted like a proper dick.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Rob Brydon, Stephen Fry, David Attenborough, Merchant and Gervais, Christopher Hitchens, when we has out and about :(

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

Men- Keith Lemon, David Beckham, Gary Neville, Sean lock, Micky Flanagan, Reginald d hunter, Michael McIntyre, Jamie Oilver, Gordan Ramsey, Jonathan Ross, Jeff Stelling, Ricky Gervais, Karl Pilkington, Andrew Flintoff, James Corden, Rick Edwards, Paddy McGuinness, Jack Whitehall, John Bishop

Women- Holly Willoughby, Nigella Lawson, Katherine Jenkins, Kelly Brook, Abbey Crouch, Jess Ennis, Girls aloud, frankie sandford, Emma Bunton

My conclusion from my lists- Men are a lot funnier than women! Women are a lot better to look at!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
With you on the David Mitchell and Sean Lock. Did you see Sean Lock and Jon Richardson's 2 parter when they travelled to the US. Really very good.

When was this on? Which channel?
Like them both.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Never been impressed by Eddie Izzard's comedy but undoubtedly an interesting fellow. I rather enjoy watching anything with Ronnie Barker, he would be round my ideal dinner table foshomofo.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When was this on? Which channel?
Like them both.

It was on a fortnight ago on CH4, pretty sure it's still on 4OD and has been repeated a couple of times also. Sean Lock was consistently briliant on both episodes Jon Richardson was very good but actually annoyingly miserable towards the end but good value. Have you seen Sean Locks "forgotten" sitcom? Think it was called 14 storeys high or summat? Wrote and starred in it, I really enjoyed it.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Men- Keith Lemon, David Beckham, Gary Neville, Sean lock, Micky Flanagan, Reginald d hunter, Michael McIntyre, Jamie Oilver, Gordan Ramsey, Jonathan Ross, Jeff Stelling, Ricky Gervais, Karl Pilkington, Andrew Flintoff, James Corden, Rick Edwards, Paddy McGuinness, Jack Whitehall, John Bishop

Women- Holly Willoughby, Nigella Lawson, Katherine Jenkins, Kelly Brook, Abbey Crouch, Jess Ennis, Girls aloud, frankie sandford, Emma Bunton

My conclusion from my lists- Men are a lot funnier than women! Women are a lot better to look at!

Jesus wept!! That list (especially the men) is pretty much my list to go up against the wall to be shot come the revolution!! The mens list is just about everything that is wrong with Television in 2012. Sean Lock, I think is just about the only exception to that list.

For me Peep Show, QI and Hustle are easy, comfortable viewing.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Not at all. Mid morning matters was brilliant Partridge and the 2 sky specials were excellent too.

D

Deleted member 18477

Jesus wept!! That list (especially the men) is pretty much my list to go up against the wall to be shot come the revolution!! The mens list is just about everything that is wrong with Television in 2012. Sean Lock, I think is just about the only exception to that list.

For me Peep Show, QI and Hustle are easy, comfortable viewing.

Each to their own. I can't be the only one as these guys have been on TV a lot in recent years so they must be doing something right! I like light, funny, entertaining TV and those guys provide that for me!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Each to their own. I can't be the only one as these guys have been on TV a lot in recent years so they must be doing something right! I like light, funny, entertaining TV and those guys provide that for me!

Fair play to you. If you can sit and watch an episode of Celebrity Juice without wanting to tear your eyes and ears off your a better man than me!!! :D

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Especially wine tasting on the radio :)
What are you getting Alan? a panic attack

My favourite one is possibly the ex sas guy and the wookie hole story

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here