Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Mad just how Tau is completely out of the conversation.

I’m not saying how good or not he is, but he’s hardly played for us at all. He looked pretty good vs Man City.

I think he's competing for a place with Trossard, rather than Maupay. Deeper and wider

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
From Footystats.com Welbeck has 0.33 goals per game this season from a total of 1350 mins. That is very respectable and worthy of a new contract. I would look to get both Zeqiri and Connolly out on loan as I think it would benefit them and two in to replace them as options. Gut feeling is that neither may make it at this level but they need games before such a decision can be made with any certainty.

0.33 goals is hugely impressive for a striker noted for his impressive link up play, and running the channels, Welbz brings so much more than goals but a return of 12/13 goals over a full season at that rate is fantastic. Sign him up.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Born goal scorer.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The goal was class but it was his only run from far to near post. Ali and Gross both had to try and find him with eye of the needle passes which brought defenders into play. If he cut across his man it takes that of the equation. If he can do more of that then a few more goal chances will materialise. Still a great goal though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we can’t keep hold of him - even more money for Tony to fork out to replace his goals / assists

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Glenn and Matthew Upson were in the studio for the international feed. At half-time Glenn pointed out the runs Wellbeck should have been making - across the defender to get to the near post.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Classy goal from a classy player - begging the question why was it only his 6th?

I notice this thread wasn't bounced last week when GM ripped him a new one live on national TV.
Anyone thinking GM can coach goals into 30 something Welbz is borderline delusional.

I'd be happy for him to stay assuming something else gives with the strikers, which contractually seems unlikely.

Posters wanting to go again with the same strike force really haven't been paying attention, they just want the last person who scored to play.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I thought GM was just saying he needed to be more selfish and make more runs across the box.
4 in the last 8 is great form given we don't score a lot of goals. I hope we can retain him....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sign him up. We won't find better this summer without forking out a whole lot.

IMHO with Welbeck, he's a much better finisher when he doesn't have the time to think about it. As an instinctive finisher I think he's pretty lethal, but if he has too much time he almost overthinks it and wastes the chance. His goals this week, against Leeds and against Man Utd all fit into this category.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here