Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest film you have ever seen.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can very strongly recommend Eden Lake. A superb and very challenging film about UK Chav culture. It also has Fassbender in it and that is always a good thing.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
The one's that seem to have all the notoriety are

Cannibal Holocaust
A Serbian Film
Salo

Not seen any and no intention too as they from what I have read are pushing " art " into an unacceptable level.

ha ha. i've downloaded all those! only watched Salo though. i don't mind gore but it has to be in a worthwhile movie and i'm not sure the other 2 qualify...

thing is though - yeah, Salo is a bit messed up (but not as messed up as the writings on which the movie is based) but don't forget moral outrage is reserved for those who like to be morally outraged - and these are the people that write terrible reviews on the internet or try to get the films banned. i honestly think most of these films aren't half as bad as the Mary Whitehouse types would have us believe.

or maybe i'm just f***ed up and desensitised.....?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chicken Lover

Blue Velvet was weird.

I saw Wuthering Heights, a version thereof, by Louis Bunuel. That had so little to do with WH and it was a bit mental.
Then - I saw L'age D'or, and I knew all other weirdos had met their match when I watched 'Un chien andalou', his collaboration with Salvador Dali.
Here, you have it;

[yt]6xH2PV_S4QI[/yt]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ha ha. i've downloaded all those! only watched Salo though. i don't mind gore but it has to be in a worthwhile movie and i'm not sure the other 2 qualify...

thing is though - yeah, Salo is a bit messed up (but not as messed up as the writings on which the movie is based) but don't forget moral outrage is reserved for those who like to be morally outraged - and these are the people that write terrible reviews on the internet or try to get the films banned. i honestly think most of these films aren't half as bad as the Mary Whitehouse types would have us believe.

Salo is banned JB you naughty boy. The director was murdered shortly after making the film. I have read about it and it sounds GRIM.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
DON'T DO IT. I like weird and challenging films but the concept is just too f***ed up imo. Strangely though in my local dvd store both parts 1 and 2 are almost always hired out. Sick FUCKS out there !

Not one for me and my Mrs tonight then? She was asking me to find a film tonight.

Give it a miss then........

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not one for me and my Mrs tonight then? She was asking me to find a film tonight.

Give it a miss then........

Put it this way I don't think it will help to set a romantic scene for the two of you ! Try " I know what she wants " with Mel Gibson. Women love this witty and poignant tale about Men trying to understand Women.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I watch them to be entertained, am i missing something ???

I like to be entertained, I like to be scared, I like to feel the love. I like to be romantic and I like to be challenged.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is that the one where she has teeth up her beaver?

If not then im extremely sorry. :(

You twisted f***. Who would make a film like that ?

oh.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Haneke rates Salo in his top 10 films ever made. It's meant to be a statement on oppression in Fascist Italy I believe. At least that is the excuse, the soon dead, director made.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Zardoz (1974)
Starring Sean Connery & Charlotte Rampling
Directed by John Boorman
This thread got me thinking and I remember seeing this when it came out and being totally confused back then. Having read the storyline I can see why, f*** knows why I went to see it (probably hoping Charlotte Rampling got her kit off), I can't even remember if she did or not!

Storyline
In the distant future Earth is divided into two camps, the barely civilized group and the overly civilized one with mental powers. A plague is attacking the second group, after which its members cease to have any interest in life and become nearly catatonic. When Zed, one of the barbarians, crosses over, the tenuous balance in their world is threatened.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here