Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] “We’d of won if Pedro scored” aka “ We'd have won if Pedro scored”

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Gets in front of goal and fires over the bar, done it a few times now.
Can't he just direct it down ?
Duffy did the same with his headers in front of goal, straight upwards.
Duffy scored a lot of headers whilst on our books, but in a green shirt.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In training could you not have him literally re-enacting that scenario over and over again but correcting his finishing, so when it happens again he scores?
Nope, I scored all the time in training when I used to play, taking that one or two chances that may come your way during a match is completely different.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nope, I scored all the time in training when I used to play, taking that one or two chances that may come your way during a match is completely different.
And that's because finishing is all in the head. Striker is a specific position and people are goalscorers or not, because these players can keep calm and control that surge of adrenaline under pressure at a moments notice.

Most can't. A few can. And they are your goalscorers

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And that's because finishing is all in the head. Striker is a specific position and people are goalscorers or not, because these players can keep calm and control that surge of adrenaline under pressure at a moments notice.

Very true it can’t be coached.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Why even bother training then?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What used to bug me was during our lower league days was the quality of the first touch was generally appalling. Anyone who has enough practice can pull a ball out of the air and cushion it. There where times when I thought what are you lot actually doing in training.

wed have lost if their guy scored before we equalised (and his chance was EASIER) or if Gross had been sent off.. What a stupid thread made worse by these awful spelling puns!!!

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What used to bug me was during our lower league days was the quality of the first touch was generally appalling. Anyone who has enough practice can pull a ball out of the air and cushion it. There where times when I thought what are you lot actually doing in training.
Poor pitches, windswept stadia and barbaric full backs would have contributed to this.

But you can contrast this with the unbelievable levels of skill we now witness week in week out. The way Mitoma (him in particular but plenty of others do it well as well) takes takes a diagonal ball almost without breaking stride is utterly breathtaking

I hope you're not making OP an escape goat. Although it's a simple shoe-in to request a greater level of literacy, I strongly suspect that request would fall on death ears
Was that faux pa s or intended ??? its DEAF EARS!!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Maupay always looked like a ropey finisher, (to be fair he scored one or two beauties, but over the long term, didn't do well enough)

Joao Pedro looks like a player who has goals in him. I don't see this run of misses continuing, I think he'll end up with healthy tallies throughout his career and not just from the pens

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Goals change games so you can never say anything like this unless it’s the last kick of the game or last few seconds that there’s a chance. That’s the worst thing about these sort have comments 😜

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Goals change games so you can never say anything like this unless it’s the last kick of the game or last few seconds that there’s a chance. That’s the worst thing about these sort have comments 😜
Basically it takes a whole team of big strong men to tango, not one guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here