Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] “We’d of won if Pedro scored” aka “ We'd have won if Pedro scored”

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’ve seen this a few times today but there were other chances, baleba’s for example and also we didn’t have to let two goals in.

It isn’t Joao Pedro’s fault we didn’t win!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I’m one of those who thinks Joao Pedro is terrific. But he’s missed some chances, you have to say that. The one against Luton was even worse than the one yesterday, but both were pretty poor.

His excellent penalties are doing quite a bit of masking of some very ordinary finishing from open play if you ask me. But watching him play, it’s hard to imagine that the goals won’t come.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I both agree and disagree...

The result of the game is the sum of the play over the 90 minutes. There are many twists and turns and it's not possible to say what may have happened had any particular incident had a different outcome. The most obvious one from yesterday was Gravenberch's miss. Had he scored, and put Liverpool 3-2 up, they'd have been strong favourites to win the game.

However, it's also the case that scoring a goal to take the lead late on is likely to see a side emerge victorious. So, given the game was all square, and given there was very little time to go, had Pedro kept his shot down, we would have been 90%+ likely to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here