Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] “We’d of won if Pedro scored” aka “ We'd have won if Pedro scored”

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Baleba's was hardly a big chance, Adringra's 1on1 was a big chance
Adringa's shot was perfectly placed in the gap, all credit to the keeper there.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Although could be that 'of' is now so prevalent that should've would've could've etc has sort of slipped into a former form of ye olde English that has now evolved. Because that's how languages evolve
I hope it doesnt catch on as do I hope that the latest trend of people typing long sentences like this one without any punctuation doesnt catch on either as you have to reread it over and over to try and work out what someone is saying its very annoying

Adringa's shot was perfectly placed in the gap, all credit to the keeper there.
Good save but a bit too near-posty for me, if he'd gone across keeper that would have been the percentage scoring shot I reckon

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It is worrying Pedro is absolute kack in front of goal hopefully he will find his shooting boots.
Are you PPF?

Honestly, you write some of the most ill-informed posts that I can only assume they are designed to wind up other posters.

What's your agenda on here? Or do you actually believe what you write?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Are you PPF?

Honestly, you write some of the most ill-informed posts that I can only assume they are designed to wind up other posters.

What's your agenda on here? Or do you actually believe what you write?
I would guess, reactions exactly like that

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't think we'd have neccessarily won if he had scored. We may have won, we may have drawn or possibly lost.

Going 3-2 up changes the whole dynamic of the game yet again, and whilst late-on could well have seen Albion sit back for 10-minutes. to defend the lead.

Liverpool were still creating chances - Diaz also missed from an angle after Pedro's miss - and it's possible that the intensity from Liverpool's attack would have increased as our lessened. That's more than enough time to grab a goal against what's proved to be a leaky defence.

So, no, we didn't fail to win* because Pedro missed.

Both their goals came from errors. We need to tighten up on unforced errors. If anything, we lost because of those.

(*edited after @Tom Hark Preston Park pointing out that we did not lose. It must have just felt like it to me :))

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not sure about anyone else, but I've defiantly had enough of these typos.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope you're not making OP an escape goat. Although it's a simple shoe-in to request a greater level of literacy, I strongly suspect that request would fall on death ears
I feel you're trying to make the OP a prawn in your game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think we'd have neccessarily won if he had scored. We may have won, we may have drawn or possibly lost.

Going 3-2 up changes the whole dynamic of the game yet again, and whilst late-on could well have seen Albion sit back for 10-minutes. to defend the lead.

Liverpool were still creating chances - Diaz also missed from an angle after Pedro's miss - and it's possible that the intensity from Liverpool's attack would have increased as our lessened. That's more than enough time to grab a goal against what's proved to be a leaky defence.

So, no, we didn't lose because Pedro missed.

Both their goals came from errors. We need to tighten up on unforced errors. If anything, we lost because of those.
We LOST? Blimey, must 'of' missed that somehow :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here