Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We won't be qualifying for Europe again this season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Playing in Europe for a club our size seems to affect league performances for obvious reasons.
Performances against bottom 6 sides may improve without this distraction next season.
12th and one of the Cups still available will be fine for me.
If we ever won a cup we would be back in Europe :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
was always very unlikely after who we sold etc

More than happy with where we are at . Tonight shit but bounce back Saturday v scum

Have extra beers Saturday . The players need us to step up !
The players need to step up last night was a disgrace.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
One? It's now 17 points from our last 16 games. He's hardly being knee jerk or controversial.

Whether it's injuries or our best players being sold, we are not as good as we were, but 16 games is not a blip.
Yep, fully agree with the view from the Garden Office.

Albion v23/24 is a completely different beast to Albion v22/23, for various and obvious reasons; but for people to keep saying, “just a bad day at the office” is ignoring the fact that we are about 60% of the team we were last season.

Oh, and the FA Cup? So far we’ve beaten Stoke and Sheffield Utd. I doubt many open-top bus companies in Sussex have received any tentative bookings just yet.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One? It's now 17 points from our last 16 games. He's hardly being knee jerk or controversial.

Whether it's injuries or our best players being sold, we are not as good as we were, but 16 games is not a blip.
Yeah, fair enough.

15 points from our first six games, lets say it all comes together when the silky players are fit again and we get 15 points from our last six games, with a point a game from the 26 in between like we're currently rolling with, that's 56 points. Got 62 last year, 56 would have got 9th/10th.

Sounds about right. The cup runs are what its about.

(not long ago we were poring over trackers to get 40 points. we can live with this)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Overachieved by miles last season, qualifying again this season would be a fantastic achievement. I don’t need to ‘come to terms’ with not qualifying if it doesn’t happen, because in my mind we don’t have an entitlement to do so.

If we get into Europe occasionally we’re punching way above our weight.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Overachieved by miles last season, qualifying again this season would be a fantastic achievement. I don’t need to ‘come to terms’ with not qualifying if it doesn’t happen, because in my mind we don’t have an entitlement to do so.

If we get into Europe occasionally we’re punching way above our weight.
Quite. If it felt like this was our only opportunity with this squad, it would probably be more frustrating. But its really just the beginning with this bunch, and the recruitment of talented youngsters continues a pace. Its hard to see future seasons without us challenging at all.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Too soon? ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here