Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We won't be qualifying for Europe again this season

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Playing in Europe for a club our size seems to affect league performances for obvious reasons.
Performances against bottom 6 sides may improve without this distraction next season.
12th and one of the Cups still available will be fine for me.
What has today’s match got to do with playing in Europe

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We have been short of a defensive midfielder all season , plus 2 fullbacks ,
we have not replaced the players we have lost in the last year

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
might not through league but I’m still confident we’ll win Europa League (beating Liverpool on penalties in Klipty Klopps last game, Solly March scoring winning penalty). Then we’re in the big boys European Football nexi season

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Qualifying in the league is looking distinctly unlikely.

We really needed to get a couple of loans in, to cover our winger situation, whilst we still have some winnable games.
We have looked really toothless in the league for a while ( unless we play a team as kamikaze as us).

There are still two other routes into Europe and hopefully we can take one of them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Qualifying in the league is looking distinctly unlikely.

We really needed to get a couple of loans in, to cover our winger situation, whilst we still have some winnable games.
We have looked really toothless in the league for a while ( unless we play a team as kamikaze as us).

There are still two other routes into Europe and hopefully we can take one of them.
I’d say loans are almost pointless in the short term. By the time they’ve learned the De Zerbi way to play, the established players should be back.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Tbh I didn't think we would anyway before the injuries and everything else. That one sticks in the craw today, but ultimately, 10th-14th and a couple of good cup runs would be decent going.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I’d say loans are almost pointless in the short term. By the time they’ve learned the De Zerbi way to play, the established players should be back.
Maybe - but we still have 5 winnable games before those players are likely to be back to full fitness.
I would say it was worth rolling the dice.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Our group, whilst basking in the result at the Amsterdam arena, all agreed that it might be as good as it ever gets. I think that might prove to be the case, and I’m absolutely fine with that.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Our group, whilst basking in the result at the Amsterdam arena, all agreed that it might be as good as it ever gets. I think that might prove to be the case, and I’m absolutely fine with that.
Loser mentality. And Ajax are absolutely pitiful this season, that was like beating a championship team.

We will be back.... once the injured players are back

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Loser mentality. And Ajax are absolutely pitiful this season, that was like beating a championship team.

I hope you're right, but fear you might not be. 17 points from 16 games suggests we are actually quite mediocre and have been for three months. And literally around half the league has had injury problems comparable to ours.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I hope you're right, but fear you might not be. 17 points from 16 games suggests we are actually quite mediocre and have been for three months. And literally around half the league has had injury problems comparable to ours.
If we sell more than one of our best players this summer I will probably agree.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

It’s not really loser mentality to think that doing something we’ve not done in the previous 120-odd years of existence might not easily happen again.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not expecting it, but we have 3 separate routes to get to be playing European Football next season, I am still hopeful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here