[Albion] We won't be qualifying for Europe again this season

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I believe we can lose to anyone and finishing anything 17th or above is good.

I always think our best chance of Europe is winning a cup. Finishing mid table is amazing for us.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Interesting, I did a mini prediction of points we would likely finish on and I struggled to get to 55 🤔
A while back, around the time we won the Europa group we were chatting about PL points totals and I suggested we needed to get to 40 points asap so we can enjoy Europe.

I had my realist had on and struggled to get to 40 by the time we play our next European game.

It’s subjective I guess, until we get the results 😂, but we mustn’t become entitled. Brighton can lose to anyone. It’s the Brighton way.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ah, good shout. I hadn't made that connection. I actually thought Eeyore was older but that's probably just my mental image of an elderly donkey.
I’m relieved, as I was wondering where you had got to, why the name change ?
I always thought 'Brighton Lines' sounded a bit like a title of something. Well, it was, it used to be the title of my site. I wanted to change it. I always used to be know as 'Eeyore' for a nickname. So I decided for a change. I did have 'formerly known as Brighton Lines' in my signature but I guess not everyone saw it. I'll put it back.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A while back, around the time we won the group we were chatting about PL points totals and I suggested we needed to get to 40 points asap so we can enjoy Europe.

I had my realist had on and struggled to get to 40 by the time we play our next European game.

It’s subjective I guess, until we get the results 😂, but we must become entitled. Brighton can lose to anyone. It’s the Brighton way.
We won 18 games last season, 8 so far this season with 17 left we need to win 10 of those just to match 22/23

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Never expected us to. I said if we finished top 10 and we made it out of the Europa group it would represent a solid season.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I’m all in for the cups. Don’t care about the league position so long as it’s higher than 18th

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Playing in Europe for a club our size seems to affect league performances for obvious reasons.
Performances against bottom 6 sides may improve without this distraction next season.
12th and one of the Cups still available will be fine for me.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not good enough. We are mid table side.

Should have signed a right back, defensive midfielder (and possibly a goalkeeper).

We should go all out in the cups and sack league off, too many teams around us,

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
We won 18 games last season, 8 so far this season with 17 left we need to win 10 of those just to match 22/23
Yeah. We did have an excellent end of season though. I think up until a few games ago we were actually playing over last seasons points per game.

The draws have f***ed us, but for sure we won’t finish as strong. Injuries, mentality and opposition experience means now we aren’t enjoying the role of underdogs / surprise package.

It’s just different I guess. When it’s all said and done if we can challenge in Europe and finish 9-12th place that’s decent.

The EFL cup is a big opportunity for a pass to Europe and we bollocksed that up but I weirdly think we have a better chance winning Europa than we do finishing top 6. And we 100% can’t do both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here