We will win this league!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Despite us having the slightly tougher run in.
I really fancy our chances of winning this league.
We now have everyone coming back to full fitness.
The same team that went 21 games unbeaten at the start of the season.
Plus adding players like Knockaert, Sidwell and Skalak to the mix.
What does everyone else think ahead of Leeds?

when I first saw this thread I did not even bother to open it
but now I honestly think you might just be right
forward thinking
onwards and upwards

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wish I could look into the future. If I could, unfortunately, that would make me a mentalist.

Nobody KNOWS what will happen.

But whenever did that preclude anything?

My view is..... no idea. Hopes, of course .... :albion2:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Was travelling back from Chester on the M1 when we heard that Notts County, who played that mayday holiday evening, had sensationally lost at home to Port Vale. That meant promotion was in our own hands. Incidentally, the crowd at Chester for that vital match was a MASSIVE 3,345. No, not the away crowd, the TOTAL crowd.

PG
We were too... in the back of a 'borrowed' Link Miles transit.... my mate driving, kept himself awake by smoking dope whilst the rest of us dozen or so dozed on cushions in the back..... different times.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
If the unlikely event of Middlesbrough drawing tonight against wolves and burnley lose to Blackburn at lunchtime tomorrow.
We will have the chance to go top against Preston. Tutch wood of course!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
All about opinions. Our run in is considerably more difficult and I don't go along with the logic that playing 4 of the other challengers gives us a better opportunity. I simply can't see us doing better than 2 of those above us, they are going too well now

Hindsight is a wonderful tool - but a week, just shows that like politics, it is a long time in football too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
this league has plenty of twists and turns in it just yet...
Just look at how much its changed since Jan 15th. Only 8 games ago.

table8gamesago.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To have a decent chance of a top 2 finish, we need to get 10 or 12 points before the International break over Easter.

10+ points from Preston, Massive, Reading and MKD.

Then we have 2 weeks to look at the table and see where we are with 8 matches to play after the break.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I still feel we will get 84-86 points.... not really enough for top 2... it's just a personal calculation.... but probably not far off given the games to come.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The run in will be all about who can deal with the pressure of expectations better. Burnley and Hull have both been here before, and a don't recall them having any major wobbles when promoted in recent years. Having said that Hull are showing signs of nerves, and their lack of goals will be major concern for them and their Boro on the other hand have bottled it before, and with a similar group of players; in fact many of them were in the team that blew their chances last season.

On to us... There's a certain freedom about the way we play currently. This might be partially down to the fact that we aren't top, and there are less expectations upon us... at the moment. However I also think our style of play, using pace and quick attacking is 'simple' enough to be repeatable even when the pressure is on.

I hope we can continue to play with such a tracking freedom as we have shown recently.

We need Boro to get stage fright again, and Hull to continue to struggle.

Burnley I don't see them having the same weaknesses as these 2 as they also play a simple and repeatable system that works. Let's hope for some injuries there!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hindsight is a wonderful tool - but a week, just shows that like politics, it is a long time in football too.
Has the season finished?

I had Hull for a draw but losing won't derail them. By all means bounce when I've got it wrong but after a couple of losses?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We were too... in the back of a 'borrowed' Link Miles transit.... my mate driving, kept himself awake by smoking dope whilst the rest of us dozen or so dozed on cushions in the back..... different times.

I remember that day - We were on a train back when we heard that news. Bit of a train party ensued!

If I remember rightly it was a wee bit naughty after that game, didn't we give away a two goal lead??

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If the unlikely event of Middlesbrough drawing tonight against wolves and burnley lose to Blackburn at lunchtime tomorrow.
We will have the chance to go top against Preston. Tutch wood of course!

Middlesbrough v Wolves unlikely but the other is local derby with Blackburn having beaten Middlesbrough and on a bit of high. Don't forget that Middlesbrough have to play Hull so one or even both will drop at least two points.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bit touchy aren't we. Only expressing MY opinion as you have told me in the past...

Not at all touchy ... just wasn't sure of your point. The hindsight of Boro and Hull losing this week doesn't change what I think the final outcome will be, which is we won't overhaul 2 of them.

We beat Preston or Boro and Burnley both lose this weekend then I'll definitely change my view, but it's a moving target

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not at all touchy ... just wasn't sure of your point. The hindsight of Boro and Hull losing this week doesn't change what I think the final outcome will be, which is we won't overhaul 2 of them.

We beat Preston or Boro and Burnley both lose this weekend then I'll definitely change my view, but it's a moving target

To be honest it was sort of aimed at all those that seem to believe our promotion rivals will win all their games while we won't. I believe there will be many more twists and turns before the end of the season and much heart ache, just hopefully not for us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports