We will win this league!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Was travelling back from Chester on the M1 when we heard that Notts County, who played that mayday holiday evening, had sensationally lost at home to Port Vale. That meant promotion was in our own hands. Incidentally, the crowd at Chester for that vital match was a MASSIVE 3,345. No, not the away crowd, the TOTAL crowd.

PG

I was one of them!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And now you're going to BELIEVE us !!!

Reckon we'll win the next 4, and then bring on the biggest match of the season v Burnley.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If we do we do brilliant but i dont think we will win it, because of goal differences to be honest not points so much.
Again as someone else on here said loved to be proved wrong though

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Tim and Roger's book tells me we managed FOUR league home crowds of 10k+ in that promotion season. Whatever we gripe about Sky and the PL, footie was in the doldrums prior to them.

PG

But was the capacity starting to get restricted by then? Anyone know what the max capacity was?

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
If we keep winning games like that 4-0 we won't need to worry about points or goal difference.
I'm telling you guys, this is our season!
No normal team goes 21 games unbeaten to not be capable of winning the league.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
About time we finished 2nd.

When was the last time we actually achieved a 2nd place finish?

1987/88 Third Division

Edit: I'm way too late

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
my dream last night,

we wont win the league unfortunately.
we will come guaranteed second after beating Derby which will also mean they cant make the play offs.

not sure what Rachel Riley was doing in my dream wearing a strap on and eating a burger king but i guess there is a subliminal positive sign in there somewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know about winning the league, but it was good to be included in the main BBC Breakfast sports bulletin, this morning. Ian Palmer, in the SE section called it a magnificent win.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Did my first 'predictor'

1 Hull 46 +45 97
2 Middlesbrough 46 +37 96
3 Burnley 46 +33 91
4 Brighton 46 +24 89
5 Sheff Wed 46 +23 80
6 Derby 46 +21 80
--------------------------------------
7 Ipswich 46 +6 73
8 Birmingham 46 +12 70
9 Cardiff 46 +12 70

96 for second seems a bit ridiculous, but there I had Boro winning their two games in hand..

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Despite us having the slightly tougher run in.
I really fancy our chances of winning this league.
We now have everyone coming back to full fitness.
The same team that went 21 games unbeaten at the start of the season.
Plus adding players like Knockaert, Sidwell and Skalak to the mix.
What does everyone else think ahead of Leeds?

Well done, you've jinxed it! :facepalm:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I do fancy us for 2nd right now, and when we get on a good run of form we are very hard to beat. Great that we are hitting some form at this point of the season, just have to keep it up.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
By the time we next kick a ball on Saturday, we'll all have played the same number of games which will make the situation a lot clearer - Boro play tonight & Friday, and Hull play Thursday. It's very possible they'll both drop points - playing twice in the same midweek will be tough for Boro and Hull are at Birmingham which will always be tough.

If they do both drop points then second suddenly looks like it's getting a lot closer - and it's really not unlikely that we'll head to Boro on the last day still in with a shot. I'm still not dreaming about winning the league yet though...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We will be fine and amass 89 points if we stick to the Volt Yellow kit when we play away . play in red and its goodnight Irene .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports