Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will win this league!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No chance of automatic, we may be able to overhaul 1 of those above us but not 2
???

With Hull to play Middlesbrough, and Burnley to come for High Noon to the Amex, there is more than 'no chance' of top 2.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
???

With Hull to play Middlesbrough, and Burnley to come for High Noon to the Amex, there is more than 'no chance' of top 2.

All about opinions. Our run in is considerably more difficult and I don't go along with the logic that playing 4 of the other challengers gives us a better opportunity. I simply can't see us doing better than 2 of those above us, they are going too well now

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Well it's in our hands, as we still have everyone to play, except Hull.

We will need our best players to stay fit. Cardiff proved that.

It's a longshot and we will probably need the other teams to take points off each other (draws are good).

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't make the Play-Offs now but I certainly haven't given up on top two.

It's not in Brighton's own hands to win the league. But it is in the club's own hands to get promoted.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not in Brighton's own hands to win the league. But it is in the club's own hands to get promoted.

You are right technically but If we were to win EVERY remaining game, I think we would win the league. Sadly this won't happen.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Well it's a nice thought, perhaps even a dream.
But I do know that this has to be our best chance of us making the top league in well over 30 years when you analysis everything concerning our beloved Brighton & Hove Albion FC right now. Perhaps it's our time at last, we shall see.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I happen to think we'll go to Middlesbrough for the last game needing to win to get automatic promotion - probably with Hull already promoted and it being between us and Boro, with them only needing a draw. Or even both needing to win with Burnley going up if it's a draw.

Of course, if we fail there, there's always Bobby Z's play-off final record to sustain our hopes if we get that far ...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm really quite optimistic about finishing top 2.

However, I am very pessimistic about how we'd do if we only make the playoffs. More misery lies on that road, I think.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
You are right technically but If we were to win EVERY remaining game, I think we would win the league. Sadly this won't happen.

Technically there's only one team in the league who have it in their own hands to win it and win it by a guaranteed clear 6 points although not in the auto slots right now. And you're right, if Brighton did win every game, though not a guarantee it's extremely likely that the title would be the result. Though I'd say the same for any side in the top five.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Derby County in the Play-offs,

Well it's in our hands, as we still have everyone to play, except Hull.

We will need our best players to stay fit. Cardiff proved that.

It's a longshot and we will probably need the other teams to take points off each other (draws are good).

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't make the Play-Offs now but I certainly haven't given up on top two.

If we won every game we will get 99 pts. If Hull and Boro win very game except against us and draw against other contendors (including Derby) Hull be on 99 pts and Boro 99. (to be checked)

So I think it might be realistic to look for Hull and Boro to lose before the last game of the 46. It is only in our own hands if we score a shed load of goals w/o reply.

Burnley would not be far behind on 96 on the same criteria. So we've got to beat them at home.

If all the games between contendors end in draws. Boro 100. Hull 99. Burnley 97. Brighton 93. Derby 92.

Include Sheff Wed and it becomes Brighton 92, Derby 90. Sheff Wed 89.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: Cardiff and Birmingham have a dog's chance only if any of the top 6 go into meltdown and they beat the top 6 in the corrresponding matches.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
There is none of the top teams that look convincing in recent weeks. Hull have dropped points, so have Middlesbrough.
Even burble you on Saturday had to come from 1-0 down against Bolton to win. Hardly convincing is it?
With the exception of Cardiff we've looked very good.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't quite know what I'd do if we won the league.

Can't we just fall off the pace and start a load of BINFESTS instead? It's much easier on the nerves.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Prediction: Wembley

We could be top by four points with two games to go, and still they would be convinced we will miss out (which we could) doh

I think we will go into the final game vs Boro needing a win to equal them on points (with an inferior goal difference) and needing Hull to drop points at home to already relegated Rotherham. Burnley at home to Charlton will be waiting for Hull to slip. Of course, they won't and Albion will lose at Boro sacrificing third place to Burnley so that means vs Derby County in the play-offs.

Is that good enough?

For autos we are looking for either Boro or Hull to lose unexpected games and to beat Burnley at home.

We could win all seven home matches to put the pressure on. But I think we will have to win five of them anyway.

Cardiff, Birmingham and Ipswich are looking for Brighton or Derby or Wednesday to crash to pinch a play-off place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here